Hennessey Tuner School

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Wait a minute...............you're telling me people pay hennessey $15k to attend a/his "tuning school"?

What I don't understand is how this guy thrives off of a bad reputation????
i wonder the same. the laws must be written on the shops side or something. youd think that the viper owners would take him to court after getting hennescrewed.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdoyle
i wonder the same. the laws must be written on the shops side or something. youd think that the viper owners would take him to court after getting hennescrewed.
The only thing Hennessey brings to mind are all of the threads and court cases I have seen for him ripping people off and them coming to pick up their cars and their parts missing.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know them other than the building by the track and some news coverage about there accomplishments. 15k is crazy though, unless you are guaranteed some great job offers pending your performance at the school. For some reason unknowned to me, non-car people seem to know who they are rather than other shops.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
The only thing Hennessey brings to mind are all of the threads and court cases I have seen for him ripping people off and them coming to pick up their cars and their parts missing.
same here.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by codyvette
I don't know them other than the building by the track and some news coverage about there accomplishments. 15k is crazy though, unless you are guaranteed some great job offers pending your performance at the school. For some reason unknowned to me, non-car people seem to know who they are rather than other shops.
Because there name is plastered all over new cars when they make "special editions." If those same people saw as many vipers, camaros, vettes etc with LMR800 or D3PE1000 plastered all over them they would probably know those shops instead.

Not only is Hennessy a liar and a thief, but he is also a total toolbag. I remember years back a good friend of mine, who had always supported the track out in Sealy btw, made mention in a thread about how Hennessy's kid I believe was running around on a 4-wheeler and almost got hit by a car or two. Turned into a big ordeal with Hennessy basically telling my friend that him and all the other "broke-dick racers" (his words) that came out to Sealy all the time could kiss his ***.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

BROKE-DICK RACER? Hey, I resemble that remark. I wish Angleton wouldn't have closed.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

BROKE-DICK RACER? Hey, I resemble that remark. I wish Angleton wouldn't have closed.
Yeah, pretty fucked up to say that about a group of people that kept his lights on while he was busy ******* over every clueless viper owner that brought their new car into his shop. I wonder if now that Tx2k has moved to RPR if that will start hurting his business. We can only hope right?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:08 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I made some passes at angleton once. Anything faster than 7.0 in the eighth is insane on that garbage track. I had to hook the sway bar back up for corner carving in the shut down area to avoid the pot holes. lol
Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
I made some passes at angleton once. Anything faster than 7.0 in the eighth is insane on that garbage track. I had to hook the sway bar back up for corner carving in the shut down area to avoid the pot holes. lol
Hot Rod Gossip ran a few races down at Mangleton.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:16 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

I can't believe the Viper owners don't constantly bring him to court and get every penny out of him. He's here building cars and probably still ******* people over.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Teching In

**** how do people get great jobs???? Do you need to know someone to get in?? I've been in the military 16 yrs doing the 20 then seeing what's out there.. I wouldn't mind learning how to tune but I know in that area only way to get discovered is.......... By word of mouth,playing with the software eventually doing it more and more you pick up what most cars take in.

Quick Reply: Hennessey Tuner School