Need help/advice on fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help/advice on fuel problem

I have 97 firebird formula no major mods. Well here's the situation, my fuel pump went out a week and 400 miles ago. Replaceed the the fuel pump and fuel filter at that time. Yesterday I ran it pretty close to Empty by mistake and it stalled and died on me. Put a gallon of gas in it, it started fine after about 15-30 after it started it started to cut out when i gave it gas. Well got it to the gas station and filled it up. But after i filled it up it would not start. I can get it to start every so often but it runs rough for about 5-10 sec, acts like its misfiring, and then dies. Fuel pump is still working and the filter is clear but there is no pressure at the fuel rail valve. Would it be my fuel regulator? Any advice would be great! Thanks

Last edited by Scott_97; 07-10-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott_97
I have 97 firebird formula no major mods. Well here's the situation, my fuel pump went out a week and 400 miles ago. Replaceed the the fuel pump and fuel filter at that time. Yesterday I ran it pretty close to Empty by mistake and it stalled and died on me. Put a gallon of gas in it, it started fine after about 15-30 after it started it started to cut out when i gave it gas. Well got it to the gas station and filled it up. But after i filled it up it would not start. I can get it to start every so often but it runs rough for about 5-10 sec, acts like its misfiring, and then dies. Fuel pump is still working and the filter is clear but there is no pressure at the fuel rail valve. Would it be my fuel regulator? Any advice would be great! Thanks
wouldnt think that your fuel pressure regulator was the problem, block off the return line and power up the fuel pump and see if the fuel rail pressure builds, if not its the pump