help need a/c flush

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help need a/c flush

well my girls vw passat's a/c crapped out on us. im guessing the compressor went bad cuz i vacuumed out the freon and added new freon and it still blew hot. i purchased a new compressor, expansion valve, and condensor. they say when the compressor goes out that it sends metal shavings through the a/c lines so i need to get them flushed before i put all the new components in. I called a few shops to do a flush for me but they said they will only do it if i allow them to put the a/c parts in it as well. and they want $1400 bucks to install the compressor and condensor and exp valve. so i wanted to know if anybody knows a shop or any person that can help me flush these lines. thanks fellas
Old 07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks. Flushing the system is easy. Go to the parts store and picked up some a/c flush it comes in like a 12 or 20oz plastic bottle.

When you get the system all apart pour some into the top connector going into your evaporator and top line in your condensor. The new compressor wont need to be flushed. Then take your compressed air and blow the flush through both components. Key to this is to have an inline dryer or two to keep moisture out the system. Also pour flush down all the lines. What i do here is i also take my wifes hairdryer and blow hot air in them to just make sure all has evapotrated before bolting it all back up.

Then pull your vac, wait for leaks ans charge it up....hope this helps
Old 07-21-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the info. i found this ac flush kit at autozone for 40 bucks. i wonder how well it works
Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Teching In

If that doesnt work Im sure my boss would work something out with you