NEED HELP Gas pedal cable adjust

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEED HELP Gas pedal cable adjust

how do you adjust the cable to the gas pedal TB doesnt open all the way and doesnt even reach the bump stop? Rigged it with a 2 small sockets where the cable attaches the the cruise controll box and the tb opened up all the way.

I have one cable to the tb and not 2

Already tried adjusting the cable to the tb I have a 99 looks like ther is not cable adjustment to the pedal. If you guys would also include photos if possible. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

if you have tcs you can adjust it from the black box in the engine bay... if you don't have tcs you're gonna have to adjust it from the gas pedal inside the car... get under the dash and pull up on the gas pedal... the cable that will be sticking up from the top of the pedal is the slack you need to get out... you're gonna have to rig something up, what i originally did was tie a couple of small zipties around the cable so that the cable wouldn't go back into the housing... that worked fine for a few months and then when i had my tb ported i found out that the newer cars (mine is a 98) had a larger throttle body cam so i picked up a tb from a 00 car and swapped the cams out and it took out the exact amount of slack i had, maybe i just got lucky haha
Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man ill try that
Old 07-27-2010, 04:40 AM
WKF
Staging Lane

Believe it or not, but when I bought my 98'SS it was already rigged from the TB end of the cable........ It had split shot fishing weights taking the slack up.
I'll try & dig a pic up.......
Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WKF
Believe it or not, but when I bought my 98'SS it was already rigged from the TB end of the cable........ It had split shot fishing weights taking the slack up.
I'll try & dig a pic up.......
Cool thanks