4L65E rebuild

Old 07-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L65E rebuild

Has anyone attempted to rebuild a 4l6XE tranny themselves? I have done engines (and I know the two are totally different animals), but never a transmission and am thinking about tackling it. There is a company (not sure if they are sponsors, so won't mention their name) that offers extensive rebuild kits and has great feed back on their customer service and tech support, so I my confidence is building. Mine has not gone yet but it's just a matter of time, so, I thought while I am not pressured and can do it at my own pace, it would be within my abilities. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I know a lot of people are going 4L8X, but have heard you lose a lot of hp through that tranny, and I see a lot of claims that shops can get a 4L6X to support in the neighborhood of 800hp, that would be plenty for me.

I have looked at all the sponsors and sure they do great work, not trying to take anything away from them. But, this is a project and looking to better my knowledge in this regard. If I decide not to do it myself I will definitely look one of them up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4L65E rebuild