Need a good exhaust shop around Austin

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a good exhaust shop around Austin

My car just started throwing P0420 and P0430 codes which means it's about that time to replace the cats. I though long and hard about whether to just replace the cats vs going ahead and upgrading to LT's and a 3" catted Y. After running the numbers and thinking long and hard about it, I decided that the time just wasn't right to spend an additional $1k+ on the full setup. Therefor, I have decided to just order a pair of Random Tech cats from Speed, Inc (they seemed to have the best price) and have them welded in. It's been quite a few years since I've needed local exhaust work done so I need some opinions on who is good in the Austin area and who to stay away from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, can anyone confirm the inlet size for the stock cats (I believe it's 2.25" but the smallest I saw on Speed, Inc's website was 2.5")?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used B&B muffler on a few occassions. They added Cats to my offroad setup on the lightning and did a great job.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redz_02
I have used B&B muffler on a few occassions. They added Cats to my offroad setup on the lightning and did a great job.
Damn, I forgot all about B&B Muffler. I'll give them a call tomorrow and check their prices and availability. Thanks redz