Dallas emissions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas emissions

Damn it!! My wife has been nagging me to put the plate renewal sticker on her car since May. I just got around to doing it but instead, I scraped off the inspection sticker because I was tired and not paying attention. And the kicker is that is wasn't due for inspection until DECEMBER.

So I am just going to throw the paperwork in the glove box and if she gets pulled over then she can give the sad story of her idiot husband.

But eventually I have to get it inspected. IT is a 1998 Camaro Z28 that the previous owner got rid of the stock cross-over/cats and replaced it with an aftermarket unit with no cats. He put the loopback things on the cat sensors so it wouldn't trip the "check engine" light. So my question is, do they actually put an ODB II car on ths sniffer or do they just do a "visual" and just plug into the computer to check for any malfunctions?

The last inspection was in Austin because that is where we bought the car. The Emissions Test results had the following:

MIL Cmnd Status: Off Misfire: Ready Heated Cat: N/S 02 Sens: Ready
MIL: Fuel Sys: Ready Evap: Ready 02 Htr: Ready
Engine On: Pass Comp Cmpnt: Ready 2nd Sys: Ready EGR Sys: Ready
Engine Off: Pass Catalyst: Ready Air Cond: N/S DLS: PASS

Fault Codes: No Codes Present
Gas Cap Integrity: PASS Overal Result: PASS Safety Items: PASS

So where is the best place to go for an inspection in the Rockwall area (east Dallas)???
Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no sniffer in dallas, just OBD test.

the only place i've ever had do a 'visual' was a dealership. the sketchier the place looks, the less they check. shops dont make enough money off inspections to nitpick every little thing on the list. unless your car is obnoxiously loud or reeks of gas, they will never open the hood at 95% of places.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone PM me a "friendly" inspection center in the North Dallas area - preferably Rockwall, Mesquite, Garland Terrell....