Xtreme Horsepower is at it again another victim

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtreme Horsepower is at it again another victim

saw this over on another forum just thought i would share it with you guys dont want anyone to become a victim of this place and spend your hard earned money to get nothing

Originally Posted by sleeper101
EXTREME HORSEPOWER off of davis blv.. Do not go there ! They screwed me! Here is my story . OK I have a 2010 camaro 2ss rs yellow with black racing stripes transformer edition a6 .. and orval i hope you are reading this because i want my money back .....!!!!!! Charge back should work ?! ok so my first mod was cold air intake and dyablo tuner.
first dyno was at speed tek (which i want to point out is verry good and i love those guys) They saved me here.Thanks speed tek i will only get my work done there from now on ..
! Ok so first dyno ever at speed tek 345 rwh not bad i think, but has room for improvement so i next go to kennys mufflers in bedford get a custome 2.5 exaust and a x pipe .. Well i still need more ! I get a hold of orval at extreme horsepower off davis blvd tells me he has the best tuning in texas etc etc . so i get the full tune and transmition tune etc.! well strangley my car fells slower .

and you cant go in the shop to look at the chart and the printer does not work ! wow so no chart ( but i swear you picked up more power) . ok right on.. so now i guess it is time for a cam .. i call orval at extreme horsepower he says $2000 and i will tune instal and the works you will pick up 40 hp . I say sounds good to me . so i pay him over the phone via credit card .. well the next week they go on vacation wtf! so all in all week in a half later he tells me the parts are in . So i take my car up there drop it off . I have to go to flordia that week for a business trip so i will have my wife pick it up. I tell him i would like the old parts and i would like the dyno chart as well.. so my wife calls me thursday and tells me she has the car and no chart only the cam. i call him he tells me i mad 380 rwh picked up 40 hp ..

she does not know what to feel due to she does not have car knowledge. so i fly home friday and first thing i do is get in my car go around the block. I start it reve it and it dies wow .. i go around the block and it feels slower than i have ever had it before. ! i dont know what to think ! so next day saturday i call orval at extreme horsepower of course no anewser . so i call speed tek .. They tell me to bring it in . they hook up to it and tell me only a couple things are right . So i tell them to fix it . so get this they put it on the dyno first run before they touch it was 325 rwh oooh!!!! thats slower than my first dyno with cold air intake and dyablo tuner ... they said man this is slower than your first run back in febuary ..

so longer story short they get my numbers to 375.91 rwh and 365.11 torgue now need i say more on who im going to in the future for work . I cant belive this . instaling parts and losing hp a half *** tuner you would see max gains from a good tuner of 10 hp at the most but 50 hp and this guy was loosing me hp.... Guys do not go there. EXTREME HORSEPOWER OFF DAVIS DLVD IN TEXAS .......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post charts as soon as i can !!! siting right in front of me. also get this the car was lean everyone knows these cars run on the rich side it was 12ish needs to be at 13ish .. wow ! thought i could save you guys ..
Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Junkie

wow, sounds like another Fastech, I had my camaro dyno'd @ speedtek since no one else in the dfw area would give me a call back on tuning a H/C Carb'd Ls1.....They did an awesome job Wonder what cam the guy went with, I would think he would pick up more power with a Cam in a LS3/L99?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

I'm not a grammar **** by any means, but christ that guy can't speak english worth ****.

Sounds pretty shady. Maybe we should rename this section to the Shady Section? Every other thread involves someone getting ripped off..
Old 09-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Teching In

i didn't read anything about headers, just a cai and then a cam with a custom tune. maybe a baby cam and no headers is the reason for the low #'s. i had a similar experience with a shop/tuner here in houston with my gto, won't make that mistake twice.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:43 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

He didn't get screwed. He just got a bad tune. Sounds like he is over reacting. All he had to post was a three sentence paragraph. Not a magazine article.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HTX
He didn't get screwed. He just got a bad tune. Sounds like he is over reacting. All he had to post was a three sentence paragraph. Not a magazine article.
I'd be pretty pissed if I had spent thousands of dollars and lost ~20 hp
Old 09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's pretty well known Extreme HP puts out terrible tuning.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

First clue to a horrible shop is the word "xtreme" in their business name.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MATTKO91Z
I'd be pretty pissed if I had spent thousands of dollars and lost ~20 hp
lol No ****!!!

I paid 2k to lose HP WTF.

Kind of like this movie quote Vegas Vacation

You don't know when to quit, do ya Griswold?... Here's an idea: Why don't you give me half the money your were gonna to bet, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!

Just so you don't lose anymore HP lol
Old 09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Spritle
First clue to a horrible shop is the word "xtreme" in their business name.
And it was tuned with a Diablo Sport! LOL
Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Kinda hard for me to feel sorry for someone when they get a sub-par product with no explanation why(dyno sheet) and commence spending thousands of dollars at the same shop. The guy brought it upon himself, he shouldve gotten the whole tune thing figured out before he got the cam swap done.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tollway bandit 1
And it was tuned with a Diablo Sport! LOL
No he got the dyablo tune. I believe there is a difference in the two.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quick89
saw this over on another forum just thought i would share it with you guys dont want anyone to become a victim of this place and spend your hard earned money to get nothing
Arent you the same kid on HCLS1 that was trying to defend them in one of the subsections against Oneslowbird????? Pretty sure you are the same young kid.

Why did YOU change your tune of sticking up for them?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HuMi
Arent you the same kid on HCLS1 that was trying to defend them in one of the subsections against Oneslowbird????? Pretty sure you are the same young kid.

Why did YOU change your tune of sticking up for them?
found out that i got screwed over as well had issues with the truck and he wanted to charge me more for something he should have taken care of the first time! second had some issues with the tune nothing that i could not live with when i tried to get him to take a look at it guess what tried to charge me again and he said there was nothing wrong with it when it would surge like a **** he said i didnt know what i was talking about and pretty much that i was imagining it. im not the type of person that goes out to start **** but im all for informing the community so that it does not happen again.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quick89
found out that i got screwed over as well had issues with the truck and he wanted to charge me more for something he should have taken care of the first time! second had some issues with the tune nothing that i could not live with when i tried to get him to take a look at it guess what tried to charge me again and he said there was nothing wrong with it when it would surge like a **** he said i didnt know what i was talking about and pretty much that i was imagining it. im not the type of person that goes out to start **** but im all for informing the community so that it does not happen again.
I love it. People dont speak out negatively for no reason.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
lol No ****!!!

I paid 2k to lose HP WTF.

Kind of like this movie quote Vegas Vacation

You don't know when to quit, do ya Griswold?... Here's an idea: Why don't you give me half the money your were gonna to bet, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!

Just so you don't lose anymore HP lol
lmao..
Old 09-09-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not to mention they cant line bore for ****, or who ever does it for em. Its race season also so it makes it harder to get reliable service in a timely manner, I know for fact Kim Barr is a 7 month waiting list. Guess Im not getting my **** soon.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djfury05
lmao..
Nice to see others get my humor
Old 09-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Default Sux

Pays 2 grand to go slower, that is pure BS and anybody defending those results and that shop no matter what they tuned it with is a A$$clown. People take their cars to shops because they are supposed to be the trained knowledgeable mechanic/professionals experienced in doing this type of work.

Here is $2,000.00....please make my car slower. It is a shame shops do these things because it makes potential new customers very leery of ALL of the shops.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Launching!

sounds about right. take it to twenty first century or HPP, or andy up north

Quick Reply: Xtreme Horsepower is at it again another victim