Need some help with traction control!!

Old 09-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with traction control!!

So I was in a minor accident and my car was hit on the passenger side front fender. Well I just got the car back from the body shop, but for some reason the traction control turns off when I start driving the car. I have no clue what it can be. Any one have a clue on what is causing this problem?
Old 09-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlfonSSo
So I was in a minor accident and my car was hit on the passenger side front fender. Well I just got the car back from the body shop, but for some reason the traction control turns off when I start driving the car. I have no clue what it can be. Any one have a clue on what is causing this problem?
Deff take it back and have them fix it.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Ive had the same problem before, but it was after I did my head swap and didnt plug my MAP sensor back in. After getting it plugged back up everything was fine. I dont really think that should have been something they messed with, but just something to check out I guess.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Where was the car hit from? the shop proably forgot to connect a sensor.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

What do you mean it "turns off". Mine won't turn off without pressing the switch and then the light comes on. Does the dash light come on like you turned it off with the switch? Does the "ABS INOP" light come on? Does the light on the switch go out? I have an occasional problem with a bad ABS sensor and the "ABS INOP" light comes on.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Teching In

mine does the same thing after a cam swap but my asr off and ses light came on as well for a map sensor code, i found a broken vacuum hose behind the intake once i repaired it i didnt have any problems until today so im goin to look at it tomorrow again.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the fender up under the bumper next to the horns there is a vacuum pum check to make sure the small vacuum line didn't come undone. That is probally what it is I would just check it out.

Search this Thread