Problem with Neighbor's Boxer

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with Neighbor's Boxer

Ok so my new neighbors who moved in have been real d*$@s since they came. Their dog which they have refused to tie up since they came has run from their house more than 3 times in one day. One of those time it attacked my little brother and had him cornered on top of our project truck in the garage, scaring the **** out of my brother, scratching and getting mud all over the trucks new paint
We have already called animal control, they tried calling the cops on us and filed a report saying it was our dogs fault that theirs would escape from their backyard just cause our little dog barks.
Their boxer has escaped from their backyard numerous times and has tried attacking my mother also and our other neighbor.
Until our court day I would like to have a form of non lethal defense against the dog, does anyone know any laws in texas that say that using non lethal (chili pepper) rounds fired from a .68 paintball marker just as is used for riot control would be considered animal cruelty or a legit form of non lethal self defense against an aggressive dog?
Old 09-19-2010, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

as long as you don't get caught doing it who cares.

Use Wasp spray, you know the kind that shoots like 20 feet. Sit out in your driveway and if it comes out act like your spraying for wasps, whoops.

If your on your property do what you want, it's your property and if your just defending yourself in TX they can't do ****.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Banned

Pepper spray. Mail carriers have it for dogs. If its on your property, shoot it. You have made a complaint, make another, then shoot it the third time. They are responsible for any damage it causes, if your going to court, make them pay for a repaint on the truck. But, if your dogs are yappers, they can report you and get you fined.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it's on your property I'm pretty sure you can shoot it... just sayin.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

use pepper spray for bears. It's alot more powerful. Law states you have the right to protect property and family. .338 will do the job.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

I'd just make sure My dogs were in check, and if they are then I'd shoot that ****** if it's on my property. Or if you feel bad then shoot it with one of those soft pellet bb guns...that dog should get the point. Just make sure it's damn and good on your property.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cattle prod, cheap and effective.

Your dog barking is no excuse for theirs getting out. If they really cared they would find a way to keep him in the back yard. If it's an inside dog, I would give it some laxitives so it would **** all over their house.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by need4fun2469
use pepper spray for bears. ........... Law states you have the right to protect property and family. .338 will do the job.
YEP just be sure it IS on your property, as soon as you shoot call LAW say was on your property and trying to attack
Johnny
Old 09-19-2010, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TrippyJoey
Ok so my new neighbors who moved in have been real d*$@s since they came. Their dog which they have refused to tie up since they came has run from their house more than 3 times in one day. One of those time it attacked my little brother and had him cornered on top of our project truck in the garage, scaring the **** out of my brother, scratching and getting mud all over the trucks new paint
i would have given that ******* an antifreeze sloppy joe........

end of story.......
Old 09-19-2010, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

It is a dog....I wouldn't shoot it, chances are it isn't going to kill anyone. Be a man, grab the dog and tie it up. Call animal control and have them take the dog away. Your neighbors have to pay to get the dog out. They'll stop once they pay them enough.

Plus it is your neighbors being stupid about this not the dog. Why take out your anger on the dog when the anger should be directed at the neighbor.

It must not have scratched the new paint too badly or you'll be suing them as well.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Redneck2
Pepper spray. Mail carriers have it for dogs. If its on your property, shoot it. You have made a complaint, make another, then shoot it the third time. They are responsible for any damage it causes, if your going to court, make them pay for a repaint on the truck. But, if your dogs are yappers, they can report you and get you fined.
Ok, well I have an old pump marker I used to use from when I used to play paintball I was just thinking of ordering these nonlethal rounds http://www.rap4.com/paintball/store/...all-pod-of-100. They are used by LEOs and Jail guards to subdue dangerous subjects without killing them. The chili pepper powder would irritate the skin, eyes, mucus membranes, and if inhaled the airways.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ultradriver10000
It must not have scratched the new paint too badly or you'll be suing them as well.
No luckily just a little buffing cleaned them up.

I got to admit I'm a pretty calm guy it takes a lot to get me angry, but these people are really starting to annoy me.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Beating up on a dog, cool. Must be a super vicious pet boxer. Why don't you just talk to your neighbor man to man and tell him to keep is animals in line or your going to kick his ***. I'm sorry I just don't see why to harm the dog... it isn't his fault.

Like I said, grab dog tie up and call dog catcher. I think it is like $75 to get the dog back each time.

If you shoot the dog and people do see it you might be able to be charged. You have to be in fear of your life to use potential lethal methods.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

They have dog traps as well. Put in some food and trap the guy! LoL
Old 09-19-2010, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

You have to be in fear of your life to use potential lethal methods.
i think the dog agressively barking at his brother while chasing him on top of a vehicle warrants a nice round to his rib cage......
Old 09-19-2010, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

They have dog traps as well. Put in some food and trap the guy! LoL
then throw the trap with the dog in it in a nearby bayou or lake.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Beating up on a dog, cool. Must be a super vicious pet boxer. Why don't you just talk to your neighbor man to man and tell him to keep is animals in line or your going to kick his ***. I'm sorry I just don't see why to harm the dog... it isn't his fault.

Like I said, grab dog tie up and call dog catcher. I think it is like $75 to get the dog back each time.

If you shoot the dog and people do see it you might be able to be charged. You have to be in fear of your life to use potential lethal methods.
Are you on crack? I love dogs, but the thing has already attacked his brother AND tried to attack his mom and other neighbor as well. If it was just getting out and running around that is one thing, but the dog is obviously overly aggressive and a danger to the OP's family. How would you feel if you were in OP's situation and next time it was your young son or daughter (pretend if you do not have kids) and they got severely hurt and you could have done something to prevent it??
Old 09-19-2010, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

I was under the assumption that these attacks were a barking dog. Not a dog trying to actually bite someone. If the dog was viciously biting I would assume you'd already kill it.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Why don't you just talk to your neighbor man to man and tell him to keep is animals in line or your going to kick his ***.
I have tried talking to the guy all he does is say it's our dog's fault that theirs escapes. Also I'm not a violent type of guy who would kick someone's *** plus me being slim and just at 120lbs versus a national guard reservist who is twice my size doesn't seem like a good idea. I don't want to kill the dog or give it permanent harm. I just want something legit and non-lethal which we can have at hand in case it acts in a threatening matter towards us in our property again. Just something to make him back off an leave that's why i'm asking about the chili powder. I've used these before and they don't hurt much just like a low velocity paintball but the itching can be pretty irritating no permanent harm is done.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Launching!

I was under the assumption that these attacks were a barking dog. Not a dog trying to actually bite someone. If the dog was viciously biting I would assume you'd already kill it.
The dog hasn't bitten anyone yet, it has acted really aggresive against both people and other dogs and cornered my brother on the hood of our other truck. The owner says their dog runs out of their backyard because our dog barks, which our dog does bark when he sees intruders near our house. (we have him tied with a chain on our porch right on the front door, if any of you are wondering yes our dog is current in his vaccines not sure on the neighbors)