What is wrong with UT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is wrong with UT?

Let's see, they have not been impressive in their wins this year. Now they are getting beat up on by UCLA at home, 4 turnovers in the 1st half will kill you. They may comeback and may not, but they need to get there **** together for next week or they will get run out of the game real quick against OU.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what happens when you recriut one and done players. If they can't stop the Bruins running game Murray is going to have a field day next week. Not to mention Daniel Thomas from Kstate, OSU's Kendall Hunter, and A&M's goody bag of 5+ rb's.

multiple muffed punts/kickoffs, fumbles, int's is unacceptable for a top 10 team.

How's about that Arky/Bama game.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

OU is going to enjoy beating us.

Nebraska is going to enjoy embarrassing us.

Hopefully, this game is a wake up call for these kids. They seemed to think they can just win by showing up.

-Mike
Old 09-25-2010, 06:19 PM
LS7 Member

Terrible coaching

/Thread
Old 09-25-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im a Buckeyes fan. We won.

I go to an A&M university. Cant wait. WHOOOOP
Old 09-25-2010, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Old 09-25-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Terrible coaching

/Thread
I don't know about that. Mental errors are on the players. Curtis Brown should have never fielded the punt on the 3, much less coughed it up. Gilbert needs to learn how to look off a damn receiver (INT). Munroe just ran away without the ball.

That said, if GD GD gets fired, I won't shed a tear.

The coaching test is now, when the kids have a reality check. Get their heads screwed on straight and learn.

-Mike
Old 09-25-2010, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Were doomed...
Old 09-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
OU is going to enjoy beating us.

-Mike
I wouldnt say enjoy, but you know how this whole rivalry thing goes. Last year UT was enjoying it
Old 09-25-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I have to say, as someone who was at the 66-3 thrashing in 1997, this was not at all what I wanted to see.

-Mike
Old 09-25-2010, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

There is always next year....
Old 09-25-2010, 07:11 PM
LS7 Member

The plays we ran on 4th down were HORRENDOUS. WHY are we running routes that go under the 1st down line, and why is Gilbert dumping it into the flats to a TE when we need 5 yards. Gilbert's decision making is hard to watch. I blame Greg for the plays and lack of development of GG.

The special teams mistakes were mental errors, but they should be drilling into them to go down with the ball instead of dancing for a potential extra yard or two.

I would not care if we fired multiple people on the staff...
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Launching!

the horn offense has no identity, and UCLA had the perfect game plan...simple as that
Old 09-25-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not all coaching unfortunately.

The biggest issue on the offense is that the offensive line just hasn't played well at all. They don't block well whether it is for rushing or passing. Most of the sputtering offense has been attributable to that... however there were countless upon countless mental errors by various people in this game. Brown fielding that punt was one of them. Turnovers kill you. Besides that, I don't remember a receiver corps at UT that would drop this many ***** for a very long time. And you sure as **** can't run routes that are short of the first down as many times as the Texas receivers did on 3rd and 4th downs. Gilbert is talented but still inexperienced. When the offense plays so poorly and puts the defense in a bind (by giving the other team great field position and not holding the ball long enough to give them a rest) they will get worn down, which is what happened.

I agree that the play calling has been somewhat ridiculous at times. Not sure it is quite time to get rid of Greg Davis though... even if I am almost as frustrated with the offense as I was when I went to UT, which was during the dark times of Chris Simms. Might need to think about getting someone that can coach the O-Line though... and I have to wonder if Applewhite is the best guy to be coaching the running backs.

As far as the next few games go, Oklahoma tried to lose to Cinci tonight. And while I didn't see Nebraska play powerhouse South Dakota State (was that on TV anywhere?), they scored a less than spectacular 17 pts. They showed their inexperience too, although they came out with the Win. Dunno if either of those teams would have necessarily beaten UCLA today. But that is why NCAA football is so much better than the NFL. It's much harder to know what will happen until the two teams line up and play.

There is still a chance to salvage the season. If the offense steps up their game it is still possible to win the South, or even the Big 12. If they don't we're in for a very long season, maybe even one of the poorest under Mack Brown.

In other news, I was almost more disappointed that Arkansas lost to Alabama. Oh well, guess we'll see the Ohio State University and Alabama in the BCS title game.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UCLA ran the ball nearly every play. The defense never caught on to that pattern or something.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

bad turnovers

bad play calls

GG throwing into heavy coverage per usual

dropped passes

the list goes on, but you ******* need to sack up, much like the players will and they can turn this around. maybe the needed that kick in the *** to get the motor going.

All i can say is florida gators. They took one bad loss @ home and turned their **** around. We have the talent, but nothing is clicking. Stick with it!!!! I loathe the fans that tuck their tails and just give up.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

As we all know all to well, it is better to lose now than later.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Old 09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

We look like **** but give it time, we'll do better. ALOT has changed this year on both sides of the ball.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
All i can say is florida gators. They took one bad loss @ home and turned their **** around. We have the talent, but nothing is clicking. Stick with it!!!! I loathe the fans that tuck their tails and just give up.
t-shirt fans.