Got rear ended by a women texting and smoking a cigarette

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got rear ended by a women texting and smoking a cigarette

Posted this a few hours ago on Stangnet. Can't believe this crap.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...cigarette.html
Yes, you did read that correctly. I got slammed by a woman today in Houston(Woodway and Bering) by a women texting on her phone and smoking a cigarette. I was sitting at a light in my work van, and she ran in the back of me. I quickly got out of my car and walked back to her, and there was the cell phone still in hand, and the bitch didn't even put her cigarette out in her other hand.

My van is a 2000 Ford 1 ton Econoline. Her car was a 2006 Chevy Tahoe. It put a few dents in my bumper and raised it up about 1 inch, can hardly tell. Her tahoe bumper was barely hanging on. Fluid was leaking. Car was fugged up.

Went to the hospital because my back and neck hurt. Got checked up, and nothing broke, but I am going to be sore for a while. Our insurance companies are already talking, and she has admitted to being wrong. I got put on muscle relaxers, steriods, and pain medicines, none of which I am going to take unless it gets worse in the next 2-3 days.

Freaking women drivers. If I would have been in my old vette, and not a fully weighted down 1 ton van, I could have been seriously hurt.
Sore right now, but nothing major at the time. Hope all is well. Please, drive your cars and nothing else.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:13 AM
On The Tree

damn bro that sux.

Good thing you weren't in your Vette.....
Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aaahhh, Houston we have nother problem. Oh wait, happens all the time.

We were coming back from the Nationals at HRP in April. Was just outside the west belt. I saw a cop had someone pulled over on the inside shoulder a few bridges up the road. We were one bridge from where the cop was and I was his lights go out, better slow down I am thinking. Get up there and this woman in a Silverado had slammed into the back of the cop car and pushed it into the car the cop had pulled over. What was she doing? Texting! Nasty accident.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Posted this a few hours ago on Stangnet. Can't believe this crap.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...cigarette.html

Sore right now, but nothing major at the time. Hope all is well. Please, drive your cars and nothing else.
That sux, but at least it was just the work van.

I have been hit twice. It will hurt worse the 2nd and 3rd day. The second time I did go to some physicalt therapy at my doctors request. They gave me some stretches and exercises to do which helped a ton. I would look into this. It made a big difference in how fast things got back to normal.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

This texting while driving **** is a serious issue. I have seen on two separate occasions people driving so erraticaly I thought they were going to run off the road or hit the median. Both were texting and not looking at the road at all.

How do we go about making this a huge fine ??
Old 09-30-2010, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Texting and Talking without a headset should be illegal IMO - then again so should reading, eating, and many other things while driving...
Old 09-30-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

that sux dude glad your okay, about a year ago some women ran a stop sign and i t-boned her front bumper in my T/A. my T/A just got a few spider cracks, but her corolla bumper was F'd(made me feel a little better). if that wasnt bad enough she gave me fake insurance info
Old 09-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Texting and driving in my homestate o. massachusetts was banned yesterday...1st offense is an.100$ ticket and enough times you will lose your license
Old 09-30-2010, 06:08 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KCS
Don't have any of her car and mine is fine is just dented.

Just got of the phone with the insurance companies. She admitted that it was her fault. Just have to start sending in my medical bills and hopefully get paid back.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear, I mean in in-considerate are people now days. Geez smoking, are u serious? What ever happend to eating while driving. Seriously if ur gonna kill yourself by smoking just get a gun its more effective and very short term suffering.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:28 PM
9 Second Club

Back in the day I used to text and drive no problem when I had a regular cellphone. Then I got a touch screen phone and haven't done it since. It's too hard and dangerous. My current phone has a 5" screen, so I can't even hold it in one hand to text. That's what keeps me from doing it. These people that still try to do it are idiots, and should be fined.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Back in the day I used to text and drive no problem when I had a regular cellphone. Then I got a touch screen phone and haven't done it since. It's too hard and dangerous. My current phone has a 5" screen, so I can't even hold it in one hand to text. That's what keeps me from doing it. These people that still try to do it are idiots, and should be fined.
mines a touch screen ill admit i do it one hand pretty easily actually (not a big ol iphone) when im not surrounded by cars or busy shifting...but im not a dumbass and look DOWN at the phone like i see ppl doing, i hold it up at the top of the steering wheel so i can see the road at the same time...but i actually cant even remember the last time ive done it...i mean **** its just a txt it can wait, not worth crashing ur car over or rear ending nice folks in vans for that matter

Last edited by Chrismikeb; 09-30-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Launching!

man i thought it was me, but i guess people are driving worse than ever these days, and you can tell exactly whos texting while they'er driving just look for the idiot bouncing from one side of the lane to the other. and whats up with these elderly people on the freeway i thought it was illegal to travel 10mph BELOW the speed limit, ive seen numerous elderly people some driving as slow as 35 on the damn beltway. WTF....
Old 10-02-2010, 12:15 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Welcome to the club! I got rearended about 1 year ago by a woman texting while driving. The traffic came to a sudden stop and I had to slam on the brakes. Looked in my mirror and a car was not even slowing down. It was a little Scion and hit me going about 45mph totalling my truck (03' Chevy Z71). Ever since then my back has been sensitive and bothers me every day. Went thru therapy and didn't do any good. I never had back trouble before that happened
Old 10-02-2010, 12:17 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
man i thought it was me, but i guess people are driving worse than ever these days, and you can tell exactly whos texting while they'er driving just look for the idiot bouncing from one side of the lane to the other. and whats up with these elderly people on the freeway i thought it was illegal to travel 10mph BELOW the speed limit, ive seen numerous elderly people some driving as slow as 35 on the damn beltway. WTF....
I've been to Houston twice within the last few months and WOW people there drive CRAZY as hell. It's ruthless on the highways. I found that you shouldn't even use a blinker, as that makes poeple hurry to close the gap so you can't get in.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TDP
I've been to Houston twice within the last few months and WOW people there drive CRAZY as hell. It's ruthless on the highways. I found that you shouldn't even use a blinker, as that makes poeple hurry to close the gap so you can't get in.
Yes, Houston people do drive crazy. I live on 610 in the Galleria area, not off 610, but on 610. 610 and 59 is the most dangerous intersection in Texas. It is crazy what I see.

Hope your back gets better over time

Mine is just sore right now, but I have had a bad back all my life. Hoping it gets better.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:41 AM
9 Second Club

I'm getting a condo in midtown between the galleria and museum district. I've noticed how bad the drivers are out here, and I always see people going the wrong way on those one way streets that are EVERYWHERE.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TDP
haha that is so true freakin ********, but in dallas people think they can just change lanes if theres room or not...just because they have their blinker on
Old 10-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Wearin' da big hat

I bet more than half the people in this thread text and drive...

Why would you possibly want to give police officers more things to fine people for? As if there aren't enough. And people who text and drive will do it anyways, just like speeding, not wearing seatbelt, etc.

What about street racing? Pretty dangerous huh?

Last edited by 00ChevyScott; 10-02-2010 at 10:53 AM.