Got a sh*tty little surprise after work yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got a sh*tty little surprise after work yesterday

Went to get in my truck yesterday evening, hit the key less entry, opened the door and low and behold my console was open and crap scattered every where. I didn't have any busted windows, so looked at the driver door and there you go. I didn't have much in there, all they got was my gym bag which, along with my regular gym stuff, contained a nice pair of custom boots that I had made, see pic below. As you can see they are quite unique and would not be easy to miss. I know it's a long shot, but, If you see these anywhere I'll give a $100 reward that leads to the recovery of them, no questions asked. They are a size 9D, Lucchese Classics. I'm sure the low life scum who has them has no idea what he has and will try to unload them however he can. I know for a fact they are one of a kind and can prove it.

I also need to know if anybody knows a REASONABLE place to have a new cylinder keyed, the going rate I am being quoted, from quite a few places, is around $100 dollars. I don't need it installed, and I will provide the cylinder, just need it keyed. Hard for me to believe that is the going price, if it is, please correct me.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man sorry to hear the bad news about your truck getting broke into.. hope you find them..

On a side note those boots are .. I know you like them but damn there're ugly lol
Old 10-09-2010, 02:35 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea, they might be some hillbilly *** boots, but they are your hillbilly *** boots, hope you might get lucky enough to get them back if they mean that much to you. There is a redneck out there that is in love with them im sure.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Man sorry to hear the bad news about your truck getting broke into.. hope you find them..

On a side note those boots are .. I know you like them but damn there're ugly lol
LOL! Yeah, they are an acquired taste. I'm in the western wear business so when I buy/build myself a pair of boots it has to be something way out there or what's the use. I have, or have had, everything else. They were more of an experiment than anything, wanted to see if Lucchese could marry those to skins, Elephant and Stingray. But when the finished product came in I loved 'em, they became my favorite boots, and they fit like a dream. Plus when I wear them out they are a great conversation piece and segue nice into drumming up some business.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Yea, they might be some hillbilly *** boots, but they are your hillbilly *** boots, hope you might get lucky enough to get them back if they mean that much to you. There is a redneck out there that is in love with them im sure.
Yes sir, different strokes for different folks. Don't get too many rednecks in the Galleria area, that's where my store is. There's just some random car thief that said WTF! when he opened up my gym bag. Would have loved to see the look on his face when he pulled those out. I'm hoping he didn't throw them in a dumpster some where to just get rid of them because he doesn't know what to do with them.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Those are some sweet boots. Could you make another pair with full quill instead of leather?
Old 10-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94fixerTA
Those are some sweet boots. Could you make another pair with full quill instead of leather?
I can make anything. Here is a pair of full quills I made for a UT alumni.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I want these but with the LS1TECH logo.

Sorry to hear about your truck. I hate thieves.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Teching In

I had my locks punched at Pappadeaux on 59 in Sugarland, luckily the idiot didn't get into my truck. When I took them apart to replace them I couldn't believe how easy it was to break into them. Simply jam a large screwdriver in the keyhole, hit it to break the cylinder loose from the housing and twist. The twist pulls the rod and unlocks the door.

I replaced my handles with rear door handles that have no keyhole. They'll probably pass on my truck now that they can't punch the lock.

By the way, the responding officer told me that they have a break in EVERY SINGLE DAY either at Pappadeaux, Razoo's, Otto's, or another restaurant in the Fountains.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Teching In

DopeFedZ those Chavo boots are frikn sweet!!!

I personally like these
Attached Thumbnails Got a sh*tty little surprise after work yesterday-20100927_04.jpg  
Old 10-09-2010, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01PewterMadre

I personally like these

wtf who in the hell would wear **** like that??
Old 10-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
wtf who in the hell would wear **** like that??
cowboy elves??
Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by d50h
cowboy elves??
Old 10-09-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01PewterMadre

I personally like these
lol you beat me to it! i was gonna quote joeoby78's post about having had everything already lol.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joeoby78
I can make anything. Here is a pair of full quills I made for a UT alumni.
Do you have a website or something? I'd be interested in getting some custom boots done.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:46 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by tmiller
I had my locks punched at Pappadeaux on 59 in Sugarland, luckily the idiot didn't get into my truck. When I took them apart to replace them I couldn't believe how easy it was to break into them. Simply jam a large screwdriver in the keyhole, hit it to break the cylinder loose from the housing and twist. The twist pulls the rod and unlocks the door.

I replaced my handles with rear door handles that have no keyhole. They'll probably pass on my truck now that they can't punch the lock.

By the way, the responding officer told me that they have a break in EVERY SINGLE DAY either at Pappadeaux, Razoo's, Otto's, or another restaurant in the Fountains.
I did that right after my passenger's side mirror was stolen, they couldn't get the driver's side out.

Just get the crew-cab driver's side back door handle and use it for your driver's door. You'll have to swap out the inside lever that controls the open door rod. And I removed the rod that went to the lock cylinder so it doesn't rattle around.

~ Craig
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

those ******* did the same thing to my F250... I have the keyless rear CC door handles on mine now.

good luck with finding your stuff man. (i dig the boots :o)
Old 10-10-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

same thing happened to a buddys brother but unfortunately for him, the crook hit the motherload.

got his boots too.

ill have to let him know about the replacing the door handles with ones without the keyhole.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Try the pawnshop or flea market for the boots? IDK.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

man I hate thiefs !! Nice boots!