Panhandle & Amarillo??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Panhandle & Amarillo??

I have to go up to the panhandle / amarillo area this weekend for a few things. Lived there for 2 months a while back. Just wanted to see how many members live there and where the car meets are at. Last time i was there i ran across a cruise on polk street , dont know if that is still happening.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:33 AM
11 Second Club

ya it does but I think it's came and gone this year everyone usually just cruises 45th get on texasstreetcars.com they can tell you more
Old 10-13-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck Joe...the polk street cruise is a once a year deal...they have a small car show the first weekend of the month at the hooters in amarillo...I don't know of very much that goes on up there anymore...the street scene seemed like it dried up a few years back compared to what it used to be
Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I lived there, everyday we would meet up at Sonic on 45th right next to Rosa's... don't know if that still goes on though.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Street scene is near dead....if you're here on Saturday you could go to the track for a bit. Mostly people convene @ Sonic on 45th but not too many.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

ya street scene was bad *** about 2 to 3 years ago now it sucks pretty bad you can check out all upcoming events on that website I gave you and c if there is anything going on during ur visiy
Old 10-13-2010, 06:39 PM
12 Second Club

hey joe its greg me and brandon hung out with you some a few months ago the night after a cars and coffee (the night with the crazy driver in a hummer haha), im up here in lubbock, may have to cruise up there and hang out some while your here if you have some free time
Old 10-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

There are quite a few bad *** cars here! I work at boost performance. We have several 1000+rwhp cars. If your in town swing by the shop on a Saturday. Typically we dyno a couple of cars then. The guys that hang out at sonic on 45th are mostly teenagers with cars they think are fast. Send me a pm if you want any info on the get togethers and stuff!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
Good luck Joe...the polk street cruise is a once a year deal...they have a small car show the first weekend of the month at the hooters in amarillo...I don't know of very much that goes on up there anymore...the street scene seemed like it dried up a few years back compared to what it used to be
Yea it was really good when i was there. Luckily i had the 93 z with me. Good times.

Originally Posted by NOTAV6
hey joe its greg me and brandon hung out with you some a few months ago the night after a cars and coffee (the night with the crazy driver in a hummer haha), im up here in lubbock, may have to cruise up there and hang out some while your here if you have some free time
long time Greg. Im always up to chill. Ill be there saturday - tuesday. Im going to go check out that big texan steak house. And head over to new mexico also. Let me know what your plans are.

Originally Posted by ws6killer
There are quite a few bad *** cars here! I work at boost performance. We have several 1000+rwhp cars. If your in town swing by the shop on a Saturday. Typically we dyno a couple of cars then. The guys that hang out at sonic on 45th are mostly teenagers with cars they think are fast. Send me a pm if you want any info on the get togethers and stuff!
Aah i always hung out there at boost with George and Brady, tell them i said whats up. Shoot me the details on the gtgs. What days you there at boost?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:30 AM
12 Second Club

pretty much free sat-mon i have a class on monday but its one of those come if you feel like it classes unless its a test day which is nice ..... when you gonna go the big texan been wanting to check it out havent been in it in ages since i was little going to colorado, might be down for some food and see if anybody has anything going on, maybe see if i can drag some of the lubbock car guys up there
Old 10-14-2010, 03:30 AM
12 Second Club

pretty much free sat-mon i have a class on monday but its one of those come if you feel like it classes unless its a test day which is nice ..... when you gonna go the big texan been wanting to check it out havent been in it in ages since i was little going to colorado, might be down for some food and see if anybody has anything going on, maybe see if i can drag some of the lubbock car guys up there
Old 10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Im thinking saturday or sunday ill go. Been like 2 years since i went there. You ever go check out rt 66? Im thinking ill cruise there afterwards.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Will do. I'm there Tuesdays through Fridays in the afternoon. Had to cut back on hours so I can finish school up sooner. We will all be gone to noble this weekend for Buick vs. Ford. But I will send you a pm when we get back and see what's up!
Old 10-16-2010, 04:05 AM
12 Second Club

im down for that just send me a text saturday and see what i can do, nothing going on so i should be able to make it up there
Old 10-17-2010, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

im down for that just send me a text saturday and see what i can do, nothing going on so i should be able to make it up there
Sounds like a plan. Got there last nite. Seen a black 98-02 peanut eyed ls car on i 45 by corsicana.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

you up there workin or what joe? rt66 sounds fun, when you deaded back down here? Ill be in south CO (pagosa springs) all next week and both weekends, with a buddy who used to live here, hunting fishing partying and vaca if youd like to join
Old 10-17-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
you up there workin or what joe? rt66 sounds fun, when you deaded back down here? Ill be in south CO (pagosa springs) all next week and both weekends, with a buddy who used to live here, hunting fishing partying and vaca if youd like to join
Ill probably head back on wednesday. If im still here ide be good to come up there to hang out.