Optima Red Top issue (anyone here work for Autozone?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optima Red Top issue (anyone here work for Autozone?)

My Optima Red Top isn't holding a charge and it's within the 3 year free replacement window, but I'm not the original purchaser. I've confirmed the battery was purchased at Autozone by having an Optima rep run the serial number, but said they can't help unless I have proof of purchase. The battery isn't in my DD, and yes I've read how they're not the best choice for a car driven infrequently. I'd like to pick up a lightweight Odyssey or Braille - just don't have the coin to drop on one right now.

Does anyone here work at an Autozone in the DFW area? If so, is there a way around not having a receipt for the battery to get warranty coverage?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If any of your friends have purchased one have them take your battery up there and have them exchange it under there name...it should be on record at the store...maybe that would work

Worth a try...that or find someone that works at a local one that doesn't care and is fairly carefree that will be cool and exchange it without a receipt
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Autozones policy is that you dont have to have the rec. If you maybe know what number was used or what name it was purchased under go up there and have them do a warranty look up. But you dont want to tell them that you didbt buy it because some people will be like thw warranty is only valid yo the original purchaser.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by droppedls1z
Autozones policy is that you dont have to have the rec. If you maybe know what number was used or what name it was purchased under go up there and have them do a warranty look up. But you dont want to tell them that you didbt buy it because some people will be like thw warranty is only valid yo the original purchaser.
i forgot about that...this is probably your best bet
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice guys -

Quick Reply: Optima Red Top issue (anyone here work for Autozone?)