Need some help from some Dallas members

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help from some Dallas members

I was in desperate need of a bottom end motor. I was looking for an lq4/9. searched craigslist and found this ad:

http://odessa.craigslist.org/pts/2079185245.html

The number has changed and so has the name and location. its the same exact ad, but the original ad had a guys named zachary and the number was 972-836-4968. I called him and he sold me on a lq9 shortblock. he says he needs a down payment of $500 and shipping would be around $100-150. He took all my info down and sent me a money request thru paypal. everything seemed legit and i paid the down payment on paypal.

Now, i am have been trying to contact the guy since friday to ask him a simple question and he hasnt answered. Voicemail is still available tho. he said the motor would be done by this week.

I believe the place is called L&P Motorsports. i have been searching online and cant find anything about this place or the guy, apparently his name is Zachary Morris. I found this thread on ls1tech: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...p-rowlett.html

I just want to know if this guy is legit or a scammer. I dont want to be wasting my time with him; i will just pick up a local lq4 block here and file a paypal claim and let them deal with it. worse case scenario, i will go down there and get my money myself. any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default LQ4 Ad from Craigslist: LQ9 LS2 6.0L Shortblocks/Longblocks - $450 (midland)

I have for sale LQ4, LQ9 and LS2 6.0L shortblocks/longblocks, bare blocks, and cranks.

CORES:
Shortblock cores cost LQ4 $450 LQ9 $650 LS2 $1350 (complete good core).
Longblock cores cost LQ4 $600 LQ9 $800 LS2 $1700 (complete good core).

REFRESHED ENGINES (Disassembled, cleaned, inspected, tolerances checked, cylinders honed, reassembled,
and compression tested. New rings, rod and main bearings, valve seals, head gaskets, valves lapped and ARP head bolts.)
Shortblock refreshed engines cost LQ4 $850 LQ9 $1150 LS2 $2250 (12mnth/12K mile warranty).
Longblock refreshed engines cost LQ4 $1350 LQ9 $1650 LS2 $2750 (12mnth/12K mile warranty).
For NEW 243 or 799 'LS6/LS2' heads add $250
THESE ARE NOT REBUILT

REBUILT ENGINES:
We do many different custom builds to suit your needs. 6.0L, 6.2L, 6.4L, 6.5L, 6.7L, 7.0L, up to 8.2L CALL FOR QUOTE

Installation and tune/dyno tune available on any and all builds.

Please call Jordan @ 432-638-3874
Old 11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know him but I know he sells a ton of stuff on CL... Might give him another day or two to call you back.

Being Thanksgiving was just on Thursday. He might not be back home yet.

I have talk to him before on the phone about parts for my TA.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
I don't know him but I know he sells a ton of stuff on CL... Might give him another day or two to call you back.

Being Thanksgiving was just on Thursday. He might not be back home yet.

I have talk to him before on the phone about parts for my TA.
Yea, thats what I am hoping for. Maybe it is the holidays.

I was also just curious about his work. hopefully someone could chime in who has dealt with him.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

The add has been deleted. Not a good sign. I am in Midland though if you get ahold of him I will run by and check the motor out for you if you need me too.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He was at the shop yesterday I know for sure. He sold a set of heads to a customer of mine who has been in contact with Zach over the phone for the last 5 days.
He does not carry or stock any of the parts that he has for sale on CraigsList. Everything he has listed has to picked up from other places of business in the DFW area. See where im going with this?

Good luck is all I can tell you.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Report it to paypal.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

He returned my call last night. he said he dropped his phone in some liquid and it would ring and go to voicemail, but not work for him. everything seemed legit. he even helped me out on shipping. he told me exactly what i needed to know.

another concern i do have is the shortblock will be worked over and have new rings, rod and main bearings. when i get the block, how can i make sure that it isnt just an old block that was just cleaned up and nothing was replaced?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yahelou
He returned my call last night. he said he dropped his phone in some liquid and it would ring and go to voicemail, but not work for him. everything seemed legit. he even helped me out on shipping. he told me exactly what i needed to know.

another concern i do have is the shortblock will be worked over and have new rings, rod and main bearings. when i get the block, how can i make sure that it isnt just an old block that was just cleaned up and nothing was replaced?
He didnt drop his phone in anything. He answered it the last 5 days for other people just fine.
The only reason he called you back last night is because you made this thread.
Good luck.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
He didnt drop his phone in anything. He answered it the last 5 days for other people just fine.
The only reason he called you back last night is because you made this thread.
Good luck.
So is this guy a scammer?

If so I'm glad I didn't buy the stuff I was going to get awhile back.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So is this guy a scammer?

If so I'm glad I didn't buy the stuff I was going to get awhile back.
I wouldnt say he is a scammer all the time. If you pay him for something you may not get your parts for 6-8 months but you will get them.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

I wouldnt say he is a scammer all the time. If you pay him for something you may not get your parts for 6-8 months but you will get them.
F-that I buy something I want to get it in a few days.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

F-that I buy something I want to get it in a few days.
this...I wouldn't buy something that you would have to wait forever for...many other deals out there if that is the case
Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only reason he called you back last night is because you made this thread.Good luck.
yea i figured that. and only reason i bought from him is it was the best deal i could find and i was promised to get my motor by next week.

oh well, we will see. i will keep u guys updated. thanks for the help tho.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Default fyi

Zachary and i work together
i am Jordan
i use the same ad but with my phone number and my name
the ads are never deleted for more than a few minutes while they are being reposted if you put the ad on you favorites list after a few days it will show that its been deleted. you will have to type in the phone number in the search box and it will show the most recent ones
scammers dont use paypal
Old 12-14-2010, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSxb2200
Zachary and i work together
i am Jordan
i use the same ad but with my phone number and my name
the ads are never deleted for more than a few minutes while they are being reposted if you put the ad on you favorites list after a few days it will show that its been deleted. you will have to type in the phone number in the search box and it will show the most recent ones
scammers dont use paypal
Hey Zach how's it going? No offense but its just kind of odd your join date is today
Old 12-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LSxb2200
scammers dont use paypal
Guess again, there's plenty of scammers that use paypal.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Guess again, there's plenty of scammers that use paypal.
Yep. some seem to prefer paypal.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Yahelou: You got your engine AS AGREED, AS DESCRIBED exactly. I paid and extra $73 to overnight it so you would get it on time. You got the motor today which is one day EARLIER than agreed. This is correct?

TO EVERYONE: I welcome you to come by the shop and verify the legitamacy of my establishment. 5010 Dexham RD. Suite 'D' Rowlett, TX 75088 Monday-Friday 9:5.
My brother Jordan aka LSxb2200 takes care of all of my western TX business through the local craigslist. Thats the reason the same ad is posted on both sites.

Sam88gta1: You are ENTIRELY false. If you are the same Sam that did work for Cody Copeland AKA turbocody: you charged him for a LS6 cam, blew TWO motors in less than 200 miles. When I picked up the core for the motor I sold him, you had STOLEN all the bolts out of it. When I tore down the LY6 that you supposedly put a LS6 cam in I found a STOCK LQ9 CAMSHAFT. I cleaned up your mess and TOLD NO ONE about your dishonesty. Please stop posting things that incinuate that my business is dishonest. If you continue, I will be forced to seek ALL AVAILABLE legal recourse.

99CamVanillaTop: This is Zachary. I live in Rowlett. LSxb2200 is my brother Jordan who lives in Midland.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Ooooooooo

Quick Reply: Need some help from some Dallas members