Yank is in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yank is in!

A big thanks to Kurt at LSX Performance, the guys at Speed Inc., Dave at Yank an Patrick G for all for good work, good service, good price, good support and excellent product.

I ordered the SS3200 converter. It has very mild street mannors just as Dave and Patrick suggested. Rpm run about 500 more during normal acceleration which is just want I wanted.

Now to get 150 break in miles and then see what it will do at the track!

By the way, pretty neat aluminum fixture Kurt designed to hold the tranny, differential, cross member, etc. Made it sure easy for removal and installation. Can't see the front support very well but there is a bar running forward to support the tranny. Great job Kurt!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great Larry.

Did you happen to see my Hot Rod at Kurts shop?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
Looks great Larry.

Did you happen to see my Hot Rod at Kurts shop?
Sure did. It's looks good. But it doesn't have a motor. Don't think it's going to go very fast pushing it.

That fuel cell Kurt put in it sure looks good. Saved a lot of weigth too I'm sure. Your paint still looks like new except for the lower rear where it got rubbed a little doing wheelies!

Does Tom still have my car?
Old 02-14-2011, 04:10 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Picking up the motor on Thursday and heading to Kurts on Friday to put her back together and make the Big dollar bracket race at San Antonio on Sat. & Sun.

Yes Sir Tom still has the car.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:49 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool deal Larry! It took ya a while to take the plunge, but it will be so much stronger now when traction is possible. That car is going to be a monster and still be very streetable with the mods you've choosen.

Kurt and Patrick make an amazing team and do great work for sure.

It was good seeing you again the other night at HRP. The next trip should be even more exciting C ya soon buddy!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
Cool deal Larry! It took ya a while to take the plunge, but it will be so much stronger now when traction is possible. That car is going to be a monster and still be very streetable with the mods you've choosen.

Kurt and Patrick make an amazing team and do great work for sure.

It was good seeing you again the other night at HRP. The next trip should be even more exciting C ya soon buddy!
I finally got up enough will to take that plunge on my what used to be very nice vette. Still is actually even with this street friendly converter. Hopefully these drag radials will hold. There are guys running this 17" 275 that hold 1.5 60'. don't think I will get that good based on what others run with this same converter. 1.6s is about best.

Good seeing you and Sheila as well and hopefully as soon as we get more good air I'll see you again.

Coach, Good luck in San Antonio! Hopefully I'll see you and Tom at the track soon.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

As soon as we get another little blast of cool air you should have your 10 second run...now to just play the waiting game until that happens
Old 02-17-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
As soon as we get another little blast of cool air you should have your 10 second run...now to just play the waiting game until that happens
Hopefully both of us will see a 10 soon.

Still planning on going out to LMP on Saturday? If they get two drops of rain before Saturday they will shut down so need to check the weather before going.