Watch Experts... Help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Watch Experts... Help please

Hey guys,

I recall a thread from about a month ago regarding people's watch collections. I believe it became locked. I figured I may be able to get help from one of you guys.

My birthday is coming up, and my fiance surprised me with a Fossil watch. It's a nice watch, but I really do not like the bezel on it. It's got all these cuts in it, and when the light hits it, it looks like it has rhinestones in it. I am not a fan...

So I started Google'ing bezel replacements, and was only able to find information on Rolex's, and other top of the line watches. My question is, is there a way to replace the bezel with a simpler one on this cheaper watch?

Now she has her feelings hurt because I don't like the watch, and is acting like it's impossible to return the watch. I don't know if she bought it from a private seller, or what. I am just hoping to be able to "fix" this watch, without putting more into it than the watch is worth.

This is the watch if it helps: http://www.fossil.com/en_US/shop/men...agePath=CH2672
Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

I kind of like the watch good luck with getting a new bezel.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Probably not going to find one for that watch. I'd just wear it, it looks fine. You got to know when to pick your fights and this is far from that time.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly doubt you'll find a new bezel for that watch. Even if you did, the cost of the bezel and labor to replace it would probably cost more than the watch is worth. It's really not a bad looking watch.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys.

I could tell I hurt her feelings, but I was having a hard time faking liking the watch. I like it a lot more in the picture than I do in person. In person, the bezel is really sparkly. Just a bit too blingy for me. I could tell, she really was excited to give it to me.

I should have handled it differently. After 7 years with her, I should have known how to handle it.

Thanks again guys.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice watch...
Old 02-22-2011, 08:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Just tell her you'll wear it in the bedroom. Then tell her you'll be picking out her shoes and purses if she disagrees. Watches are a personal thing, I'd rather pick my own. Women feel the same about shoes and purses.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

i like the watch. I'd wear it/buy it from ya lol
Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Just tell her you'll wear it in the bedroom. Then tell her you'll be picking out her shoes and purses if she disagrees. Watches are a personal thing, I'd rather pick my own. Women feel the same about shoes and purses.
Haha, I'd rather not sleep on the couch.

I tried buying her shoes for her birthday one year, and never have tried to buy her apparel on my own again. The year after, I took her to the Galleria with some cash and let her do a little shopping spree. She was much happier.

The watch has grown on my a little bit. I think it might not look bad with my suites, and dress clothes as a "work" watch.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

My wife also bought me a Oakley watch that I just did not like, so instead I returned it bought myself an Invicta watch and still saved $200 for my LWRC REPR...Oh and she was not pissed off at all because how nineball said I have done that and she did not like the damn purse or shoes/boots.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Domsz06
i like the watch. I'd wear it/buy it from ya lol
haven't heard from you in a while. Glad to see you are still alive.
I appreciate the offer, but I don't think she'd like me turning around and selling my gift!

Originally Posted by javier1551
Oh and she was not pissed off at all because how nineball said I have done that and she did not like the damn purse or shoes/boots.
I don't think she was pissed off. I think she just had her feelings hurt, because she was excited and really thought I'd like it.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Just tell her you aren't a flashy kind of guy, and that you don't want a sparkling watch. It is just how you say it, not what you say. Then give her the purse/shoes example.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Tell her you don't like the watch and if she feels good about wasting her money, it can set in your top dresser drawer forever or you can sell the watch and her money can go towards one you actually like the looks of.

Anyone see that movie Forgetting Sarah Marshal? She buys her bf a stupid looking Tommy Bahama shirt and insists he wear it even though he doesn't care for it. He later purposely spills cranberry juice on it.
Maybe you should smash the face with a hammer and say it was an accident.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:26 AM
9 Second Club

Say it was stolen and sell it. Just never let her see you wear the new watch.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Anyone see that movie Forgetting Sarah Marshal? She buys her bf a stupid looking Tommy Bahama shirt and insists he wear it even though he doesn't care for it. He later purposely spills cranberry juice on it.
Maybe you should smash the face with a hammer and say it was an accident.
LOL. I personally hate shopping. My fiance pretty much buys all of my clothes for me. She knows my taste very well, and maybe 1 out of 10 items I won't like.

She admitted that it was more blingy in person than in the picture, and was worried I might not like it. I am telling you, if I was shopping online for a watch, and stumbled upon this one, I would probably buy it. But when I got it in person and saw how sparkly it was, I would turn right back around and return it.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:44 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicy J
LOL. I personally hate shopping. My fiance pretty much buys all of my clothes for me. She knows my taste very well, and maybe 1 out of 10 items I won't like.

She admitted that it was more blingy in person than in the picture, and was worried I might not like it.
If she was worried you might not like it, then why are her feelings hurt that you DON'T? Sounds like she might have been anticipating it. If I were her, I wouldn't be sad one bit if you wanted to return it and get something you like.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slash8915
If I were her, I wouldn't be sad one bit if you wanted to return it and get something you like.
You asking me out?

LOL
Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Juicy J
You asking me out?

LOL
Now you can tell her that the watch is attracting all sorts of weirdos and if she cared for your safety she'd let you get a less flashy model. Or just "lose" it.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
Now you can tell her that the watch is attracting all sorts of weirdos and if she cared for your safety she'd let you get a less flashy model. Or just "lose" it.
Or tell her that pretty girls keep coming up to you and remarking on it and that makes you uncomfortable.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mike171562
Or tell her that pretty girls keep coming up to you and remarking on it and that makes you uncomfortable.
He is gonna need more than watch for that to happen!

Just messing with you Juice-box!