Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the sad truth

Old 02-27-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

no child left behind= every teacher fucked over.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by youguessit
no child left behind= every teacher fucked over.
You can thank Bush for that.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

Funny you mentioned that. My wife is a teacher and where she teaches at it is mandatory for every teachers class to have a 80% passing rate. Oh another few things that **** me the hell off is that no student is allowed to have a grade lower than a 50 for any assingment or test and no matter how many days they miss from school IT DOESNT MATTER!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by javier1551
Funny you mentioned that. My wife is a teacher and where she teaches at it is mandatory for every teachers class to have a 80% passing rate. Oh another few things that **** me the hell off is that no student is allowed to have a grade lower than a 50 for any assingment or test and no matter how many days they miss from school IT DOESNT MATTER!!!
Yep. My wife is a band director and has been mandated to spend a certain amount of time teaching TAKS objectives each day. Then the kids go to their core curriculum classes, where they ONLY teach TAKS objectives. And if they fail a portion of the TAKS test, they have to take a remedial class and drop their elective. For example, if a student fails the math TAKS, he has to drop out of his ONE elective (the class he might actually want to take) and take a second "TAKS Math" class.

My wife also has the same thing with the grades. If a kid doesn't turn in their practice card, she can't give them a zero. She gives them a 50 and has to make it possible for the kid to make up the points. Basically, we're raising a generation of kids who think there are no consequences for their actions.

And then Rick Perry decided to cut a ****-ton of education funding so he can keep lining the pockets of his political buddies. He can rot in hell.

-Mike
Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Exactly why my wife quit teaching 4th grade. First she switched to kinder but is now teaching life skills for the disabled. At least this way she feels like she is really teaching and helping plus it pays better and helps pay off her student loans!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Staging Lane

**** after reading my post it made me think that I actually pay attention to way my wife is telling me... LOL but on a serious note man these kids have everything in a ******* silver platter then when they get to college they drop out due to not being able to cope with real life.