Making the Speedo work with a TH350 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Making the Speedo work with a TH350 swap

I know you can cut one of the wheel speed sensors and make the speedo work that way but I don't want to lose my ABS so I was wondering if anyone has used a Autometer 5291 and wire it into the VSS and fine tuned the Signal output in HP Tuners to make the speedo read right.

If so, then does the hall effect sender just wire driectly into the VSS wires? if it does is it polarity specific. or will the sender need to have power wired to it and then hooked to one side or the other of the VSS wires.

On top of all of that what is a good starting point for the rev/mile settings?

I am about to tackle this and should be able to figure it out but the less thinking I have to do the better for everyone involved. TIA
Old 03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...350-th400.html

Your welcome.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

That thread had some info for tire sizes, but was mostly a thread on using a WSS for the VSS which is NOT what I am wanting to do. I want to retain my ABS and using a WSS will lose this function. I am basically going to use a hall effect sender such as an autometer to take the place of the VSS.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

i wanting to know this also. but im using a th400 instead. not meaning to high jack, but would this work for drag racing? i just need the PCM to know the car is moving for quarter mile
Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

I recently went SD tune due to the issues of the car not knowing it was moving so it was way inconsistent on the fuel tables. This is one reason why I am wanting to get the speedo working again. I didn't get the pump for the tranny this week since it had to be ordered, so once I finally get the tranny back in I can start on the speedo problem.

Quick Reply: Making the Speedo work with a TH350 swap