April 30th - Car Show at University of Houston

Old 03-17-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April 30th - Car Show at University of Houston

Hey everyone, I'm here to start promoting a car show I am helping host at the University of Houston on Saturday April 30th.

The show is being held to raise money for Habitat for Humanity here in Houston. We have been saving to meet our goal of $13,000 so that we can host a local house build in the near future.

The show has several categories for trophies including best Domestic, Import (<--who cares), Truck, Motorcycle, Beater, Classic. Since I am helping to host and I am bias towards my GTO, I will be personally buying a trophy for a GTO category, or more likely a LSX powered vehicle category. I'm also fighting with the University to let us have a burn-out contest although they are pretty whiny about their precious blacktop parking lot

We are asking an entry fee of $10 for each car entered and will be hosting a carwash on site for an additional $5 which will be done by a few groups of sororities here on campus. All the money goes straight to our philanthropy and a good turn out would mean this will be an annual event on campus.

I will post a flyer within a few days with all info so feel free to invite friends and other car enthusiasts for a day of showing off your goods for a great cause.

I know there are so many members on here with great show worthy cars and would hope you all would make it to support our community and fill the lot with some true muscle. If nothing else, come out for the day as a meet and greet.

PS: If it rains we will be packing the new parking garage on campus which I think would be pretty sweet.

Thanks everyone, feel free to post ideas or anything else that might help make this a success!

Last edited by infinityexperience; 04-10-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Pursuade them to let you do a burnout contest!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If I am in Houston, I will try and make it out.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
If I am in Houston, I will try and make it out.
Hey Neil, maybe you can lead us out there to check it out.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by infinityexperience
Hey everyone, I'm here to start promoting a car show I am helping host at the University of Houston on Saturday April 30th.

The show is being held to raise money for Habitat for Humanity here in Houston. We have been saving to meet our goal of $13,000 so that we can host a local house build in the near future.

The show has several categories for trophies including best Domestic, Import (<--who cares), Truck, Motorcycle, Beater, Classic. Since I am helping to host and I am bias towards my GTO, I will be personally buying a trophy for a GTO category, or more likely a LSX powered vehicle category. I'm also fighting with the University to let us have a burn-out contest although they are pretty whiny about their precious blacktop parking lot

We are asking an entry fee of $10 for each car entered and will be hosting a carwash on site for an additional $5 which will be done by a few groups of sororities here on campus. All the money goes straight to our philanthropy and a good turn out would mean this will be an annual event on campus.

I will post a flyer within a few days with all info so feel free to invite friends and other car enthusiasts for a day of showing off your goods for a great cause.

I know there are so many members on here with great show worthy cars and would hope you all would make it to support our community and fill the lot with some true muscle. If nothing else, come out for the day as a meet and greet.

PS: If it rains we will be packing the new parking garage on campus which I think would be pretty sweet.

Thanks everyone, feel free to post ideas or anything else that might help make this a success!
Use the Car Show site to find other Car enthusiasts in your area....totally free and very simple to use. You can promote your local car show or find shows in your area for free....

www.carshowfinder.org

Just a suggestion,

Jim
Old 04-10-2011, 03:54 PM

Added the flyer to the original post,

$10 donation to enter for awards,
Any small donation to come out and view Houston's best.

Register ahead of time at the link on the flyer via paypal or see us at the show.

Thanks everyone, PM questions.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many cars are you expecting
Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 PM

We have space for 200 cars after setting up booths and stuff.

From what I've heard we have about 50 cars/bikes registered already so I think we are going to have a great turn out! I'm definitely hoping to see american muscle outweigh any import gathering so make your best effort to come join us.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM

For those of you who wish to register early, go to www.trianglecarshow.com and click on the registration link. Give us as much info as possible ie. first last name, make model of vehicle, plate number if possible. That way we can move you right in when you arrive. Also, we'd like to group similar categories together and knowing what your bringing ahead of time helps a lot. You wouldn't want your maggied C6 next to a beat up turbo Honda right lol

Search this Thread