Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 badass blowers!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is that your car??? Let me know of the HP gains I was thinking Of buying a craftsman.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MAXIMO
Is that your car??? Let me know of the HP gains I was thinking Of buying a craftsman.
Don't laugh. I run two electric 300cfm blowers off of an inverter and the Dyno Software I have says I'm gaining 250 RWHP (150 each, but diminished returns when running two). They are blower/vacs and I went back and forth on using one as a rear mounted vac but I think the 2 blower setup makes for a cleaner install and I don't have to worry about ground clearance. As an added benefit, they are easily removed to take care of the lawn.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol Do you have a stand alone fuel system to run the blowers?? Need to keep them bad boys full of fuel.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Ill be honest, I actually tried this when I was a kid... NO BULLSHIT... i used a 200 mph blower, 110 power inverter, and that accordian vent tube ****, aluminim tape and a momentary switch on my shifter. I did it on a 1985 Monte Carlo with the TBI 4.3 Z motor in it. (Z was the early Vortec supposedly) It killed it from the dig but once i got it opened up a bit, it actually hit pretty hard for a second and got pretty scary. You should have seen this ****.. i took off the hood and zip tied the blower to the hood spring hinge. This was about 18 years ago so I dont have pics of it. When I pulled it back into my driveway, every ****** idiot light on the dash was on and it sputtered for 5 minutes after I shut off the ignition. It also leaked oil after that too. Surprisingly, I drove it for another 2 years and sold it.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Ill be honest, I actually tried this when I was a kid... NO BULLSHIT... i used a 200 mph blower, 110 power inverter, and that accordian vent tube ****, aluminim tape and a momentary switch on my shifter. I did it on a 1985 Monte Carlo with the TBI 4.3 Z motor in it. (Z was the early Vortec supposedly) It killed it from the dig but once i got it opened up a bit, it actually hit pretty hard for a second and got pretty scary. You should have seen this ****.. i took off the hood and zip tied the blower to the hood spring hinge. This was about 18 years ago so I dont have pics of it. When I pulled it back into my driveway, every ****** idiot light on the dash was on and it sputtered for 5 minutes after I shut off the ignition. It also leaked oil after that too. Surprisingly, I drove it for another 2 years and sold it.
Vent exhaust tube will collapsing under throttle. Common problem with these setups. I found that french drain hose works much better than the vent exhaust.

I'm saving up for a pair of these and hope to have the build completed for the next texas mile.

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/Ar...o/Default.aspx
Old 03-18-2011, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
Vent exhaust tube will collapsing under throttle. Common problem with these setups. I found that french drain hose works much better than the vent exhaust.

I'm saving up for a pair of these and hope to have the build completed for the next texas mile.

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/Ar...o/Default.aspx
Old 03-18-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Electric blowers.......taking ricers hard earned allowance money .
Old 03-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

So this is how to make a C4 badass!!!! I wonder if you can reach the pull ropes from under the nose or do you have to open the hood????? Hmm... Maybe just reach through the head lamp doors??? LOL
Old 03-18-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1c62nv
So this is how to make a C4 badass!!!! I wonder if you can reach the pull ropes from under the nose or do you have to open the hood????? Hmm... Maybe just reach through the head lamp doors??? LOL
Didnt you know, those pull starts are for "EMERGENCY USE ONLY" Normally, after about 2k rpm, That Vette motor "suck starts" those bitches.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1c62nv
Hook them up to the wiper motor or if you are rich electric start.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7YWT6rX0o