Help me price my car (revised add post 12)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me price my car (revised add post 12)

Guys,

I posted an add, and have had zero interest. That it is obviously to high is clear. If you don't mind, please help me determine a reasonable price, and or clean up the info for a more clear presentation. I am not a salesman, and just want to move on to different hobbies.

Thank you,

Blake

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...s-11500-a.html

Last edited by NinetynineSS; 03-23-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just posted the car today, it takes time to sell a car online. You can get lucky and sell it quick but for a '99 you're probably looking at people that'll have to pay cash. I know my bank won't finance anything older than 2006 and most credit unions that will loan on older vehicles rarely give more than wholesale value.

Good luck.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

yes i recently tried to purchase a 2002 and it was told old.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you, that is a good observation. Does the add read well? Would you clearly have the info you look for to be interested, or just move on from confusion? I need to get some more pics of it, I keep it in a shop and will go out there soon.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

7-8k considering the high milage and engine/tranny swaps
Old 03-22-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay I will chime in. From a buyers perspective .. when you first open the link and everything is all jumbled together like that .. My first thought is I really don't want to read all that. Break it down into catergories like appeareance, performance, engine, transmission to your likeing. Make the introduction spaced out .. the part about why your selling yada yada. Just clean things up a bit and it should get more attention. Maybe take the price off the title so you don't scare people away off the bat. Put it at the bottom with pics. Give a honest rating about paint/interior/exterior. You did some at the bottom but it was all jumbled together and I didn't want to re read it.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charlay
Okay I will chime in. From a buyers perspective .. when you first open the link and everything is all jumbled together like that .. My first thought is I really don't want to read all that. Break it down into catergories like appeareance, performance, engine, transmission to your likeing. Make the introduction spaced out .. the part about why your selling yada yada. Just clean things up a bit and it should get more attention. Maybe take the price off the title so you don't scare people away off the bat. Put it at the bottom with pics. Give a honest rating about paint/interior/exterior. You did some at the bottom but it was all jumbled together and I didn't want to re read it.
THIS!.....I opened the link to read it cause I'm looking for another car....and I honestly got a bit of eye strain trying to break everything up....it's not only easier to read, but looks cleaner, and shows you took the time to break it down a bit and not just in a hurry to sell it and that you care
Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the thoughtful post, I will clean it up tonight.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just bought a 2001 Camaro SS with 49k miles for $9,300. It has one ding on the body and is super clean.

A lot of times when people are looking for an F-body they are looking for one to make their own. All the mods to your car and the stereo are going to make it hard to sell.

You just have to drop the price a little and be very patient. The market isn't that great right now.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its a bit tricky, with all of those new parts you definitely have some money invested. With 133k miles though cars show their age through cracked dashes, ripped interiors, stained carpets, and poor paint jobs.

To help you get close to your asking price post many pictures of the exterior and interior. also you did right by attaching pictures, but after you click the upload button click on the link for your pictures and copy and paste them into the post with the image tag. I know i usually dont click on attachments to make them bigger if i can make out most of the car in the picture.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

I would completely reformat it - break down the modifications by drivetrain, exterior, interior and list them in an easy to read setup. Include more pictures and post some in the post. I don't know if you can get $11,500 for one with 133k miles, but GLWS either way, it looks clean.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Here is my cleaned up add. I have not revised the actual add yet though. What do y'all think?

1999 Camaro SS M6
I have decided to sell my toy. It is a fun fast car with a ton of mods. 133k miles on car, 5k on engine, 15k on transmission. Black with ebony interior. It is not my primary vehicle, but when I pull it out of storage, I usually daily drive it for a week or two at a time while my truck is in storage. It is has a good manners, though wakes up quick. I have driven it about 5k with absolutely no issues since completing in August.

Engine:
Wayne Calvert Racing in Denton prepped block, fit bearings, and balanced rotating assembly
Chromoly H beam 6.125 rods
Mahle Forged pistons with valve reliefs
Rings gapped at 0.008 for a big N2O shot
Clevite bearings (mains, rod, and cam)
ARP main studs, rod bolts, and head bolts
Lloyd Elliot stage 2 ported 5.3 heads 11.25:1 compression ratio
Ferrea stainless valves
Patriot Gold Extreme spring kit
Comp hardened pushrods
Caddy racing lifters
Lloyd spec'd Bullit cam 228/232 600/600 on a 113 lsa
I asked for a strong mid range power band with the anticipation of using
N2O in the future. Feels very strong from 2500 to 6500
Cometic 0.040 head gasket
Melling high volume oil pump
Rollmaster double chain
Poly engine and trans mount
Fast toys lid
85mm MAF
ported throttle body
LS6 intake
K&N air filter
K&N oil filter (pn 1117)
I bought a new oil pan from the dealer, and it used the same oil filter as a 2005 5.3
Monte Carlo
Mobil One synthetic 5w 20
Ford red top injectors
American Racing stainless long tube headers 1 7/8" to 3 1/2"
American Racing stainless 3 1/2" non cat y pipe
Mufflex 3 1/2" exhaust with Spintech muffler
Tuned by Gear Heads in Arlington HP Tuners unlocked

Transmission:
2002 Tremec T-56
This was a dealer warranty that was then built by D&D. I bought it in 2003 with less
than one hundred miles (dealer to sellers home, then shipped to D&D), seller then
decided to go with a Turbo 400 before installing it in his car. Transmission was then in
my Chevelle (10k miles) until I pulled it and sold the car. No issues, works well. I had
the receipt from D&D, but mistakenly let it go with my file with the Chevelle.
Pro 5.0 Shifter
Umi short stick
New OEM slave
Ram Clutch
This was also in my Chevelle, and was not used from 2005 until last year. The
isolators on the pressure plate springs degraded and it makes a "super charger" like
whine.
Tick Adjustable Master with remote bleeder

Other Mods:
QA1 coil over kit
LS1 Brake kit (Powerslot, Hawks, Earls)
Welded BMR boxed sub-frame connecters
Welded BMR relocation brackets
3.73 gears
315 Nitto's
HID head lights
Carbon fiber grill insert

The car looks good, even for 12 years old, but is not perfect. There are small dings on the tops of the rear fenders and some rock chips in the hood. Some fading on the rear spoiler. Driver's seat is functional, but has some seams coming apart. I have tried to write all I can think of, but feel free to ask any questions. 9500.00 obo

Blake Arnold
817-825-1699
Old 03-23-2011, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Much easier to read
Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Much better. Good Luck
Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you. Everyone. I will have to get some more pics, then I will post on more sites. I really do appreciate the everyone that gave positive criticism, thanks again.

Cheers,

Blake
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Something to remember when selling a car, chances are you will not get what YOU would like to get (aka what you feel its worth) so just remember that when putting it up for sale and look at KBB value and just go from there. Your new add has a fairly good starting price point.

When I bought my 00 last year in march it was BONE stock with 91k on it and I only paid 6,000 for it. At this point in time these cars are becoming old so most people shopping for one know exactly what they are looking at and getting into.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

even a car at a great price will still take 3-4 weeks to sell. it took me about a month to sell a pristine 98 a4 trans am for $4k
Old 03-23-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NinetynineSS
Here is my cleaned up add. I have not revised the actual add yet though. What do y'all think?

1999 Camaro SS M6
I have decided to sell my toy. It is a fun fast car with a ton of mods. 133k miles on car, 5k on engine, 15k on transmission. Black with ebony interior. It is not my primary vehicle, but when I pull it out of storage, I usually daily drive it for a week or two at a time while my truck is in storage. It is has a good manners, though wakes up quick. I have driven it about 5k with absolutely no issues since completing in August.

Engine:
Wayne Calvert Racing in Denton prepped block, fit bearings, and balanced rotating assembly
Chromoly H beam 6.125 rods
Mahle Forged pistons with valve reliefs
Rings gapped at 0.008 for a big N2O shot
Clevite bearings (mains, rod, and cam)
ARP main studs, rod bolts, and head bolts
Lloyd Elliot stage 2 ported 5.3 heads 11.25:1 compression ratio
Ferrea stainless valves
Patriot Gold Extreme spring kit
Comp hardened pushrods
Caddy racing lifters
Lloyd spec'd Bullit cam 228/232 600/600 on a 113 lsa
I asked for a strong mid range power band with the anticipation of using
N2O in the future. Feels very strong from 2500 to 6500
Cometic 0.040 head gasket
Melling high volume oil pump
Rollmaster double chain
Poly engine and trans mount
Fast toys lid
85mm MAF
ported throttle body
LS6 intake
K&N air filter
K&N oil filter (pn 1117)
I bought a new oil pan from the dealer, and it used the same oil filter as a 2005 5.3
Monte Carlo
Mobil One synthetic 5w 20
Ford red top injectors
American Racing stainless long tube headers 1 7/8" to 3 1/2"
American Racing stainless 3 1/2" non cat y pipe
Mufflex 3 1/2" exhaust with Spintech muffler
Tuned by Gear Heads in Arlington HP Tuners unlocked

Transmission:
2002 Tremec T-56
This was a dealer warranty that was then built by D&D. I bought it in 2003 with less
than one hundred miles (dealer to sellers home, then shipped to D&D), seller then
decided to go with a Turbo 400 before installing it in his car. Transmission was then in
my Chevelle (10k miles) until I pulled it and sold the car. No issues, works well. I had
the receipt from D&D, but mistakenly let it go with my file with the Chevelle.
Pro 5.0 Shifter
Umi short stick
New OEM slave
Ram Clutch
This was also in my Chevelle, and was not used from 2005 until last year. The
isolators on the pressure plate springs degraded and it makes a "super charger" like
whine.
Tick Adjustable Master with remote bleeder

Other Mods:
QA1 coil over kit
LS1 Brake kit (Powerslot, Hawks, Earls)
Welded BMR boxed sub-frame connecters
Welded BMR relocation brackets
3.73 gears
315 Nitto's
HID head lights
Carbon fiber grill insert

The car looks good, even for 12 years old, but is not perfect. There are small dings on the tops of the rear fenders and some rock chips in the hood. Some fading on the rear spoiler. Driver's seat is functional, but has some seams coming apart. I have tried to write all I can think of, but feel free to ask any questions. 9500.00 obo

Blake Arnold
817-825-1699
I'm in your engine ******* **** up!

On a serious note, put more pics up and maybe some dyno numbers or track times. The description seems good but people like visuals.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

5w20 That was a good one!! Took me a second to figure that out. I have the dyno sheet from the tune, though it was in august and 102 or so.... Maybe I should have another pull done. No track times... Pics, yep, gotta get 'em...

Seriously, thank you all. I am frigin stupid for sellin, I just can't help but to want a new project about the time I'm done with one.... lol