Comcast/Home Theatre Techs Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comcast/Home Theatre Techs Help!

Came home today and my new Xfinity menu or software was installed on my RNG200. With the old Comcast software, all I had to do was pick which video formats I wanted to view from the special menu that you access by pushing both the Menu and Info buttons while the cable box is off. Then with the cable box on, I went through the menu and set the hdmi video to auto instead of fixed. Worked great, switched the signals when I went from a 1080i to a 720p channel or 480i channel.

All my settings were gone with the new updates, so I went to the menu with the cable box off by hitting the Menu and Info buttons again. It looked different but worked the same. I set my picture choices then turned on the cable box and hit menu. Here is the problem, I can not for the life of me find the area in the menu where I can switch the HDMI output from Fixed to Auto. It is pissing me off. When I watch Fox I want to see 720P. Other channels 1080i. But it is really annoying watching a 480i channel in a little screen because it will not output the correct signal to stretch automatically.

Does anyone know how to switch the HDMI from Fixed to Auto on the new Xfinity crap?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed the same thing yesterday....all the settings are different and many of the old options are now gone. I don't see any of the hdmi or picture format settings

J
Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ctrl-alt-del twice always works for me.