Meeting with attorney general tomorrow any advice?

Old 03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Meeting with attorney general tomorrow any advice?

Well unfortunately I have a meeting with the attorney general tomorrow for child support review. Any advice or anything I should bring up, or should I just take Vaseline so it wont hurt as bad? Right now i pay 800.00 for insurance and child support and i was making $4.00 less at the time. Yes I my gross pay is somewhat good but the take home (net) is ****. Between child support, ins., Uncle Sam, and what I put in my 401k(4%). I already take home less than half of my gross pay. This goes up anymore I'm screwed which i know it is....
Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you done a DNA test before you proceed any further?

Nothing is going to change on your Chil Sup payments unless you've had an income increase.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am so glad my child support is DONE. California has the hardest child support laws/fees. They will garnish, levy your pay and suspend your license if ya dont pay. Im like delta airlines, I always pull out in time.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/cs/paren....shtml#changed

How can child support be changed?

Only the Court can modify the child support order. It cannot be done by agreement of the parties. Grounds for a modification include a material and substantial change in the circumstances of a child or a person affected by the order, or the passage of three years since the last child support order and a difference in monthly payment by either 20 percent or $100 from the child support guidelines. A parent subject to a child support order may request a review of the ordered child support amounts every three years by contacting the Office of the Attorney General.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Teching In

chances are with that kind of a raise your child support is going up. i know last time mine went up they wanted 1k but i negotiated with their mom and go her to agree to 700 and i cover all medical expenses.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My wife and I only get 250 a month for her 2 kids from her previous marriage, their dad barely pays that and is like 4 months behind.

he was in jail when she divorced him so they based it off minimum wage.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike171562
My wife and I only get 250 a month for her 2 kids from her previous marriage, their dad barely pays that and is like 4 months behind.

he was in jail when she divorced him so they based it off minimum wage.
Have them revise that **** man.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Well all i have to say is it favors the woman i've got my daughter and my x got away with paying any support..... the worst part is the 2 months she did pay (garnished wages as per AG) I had to pay back ???? go figure i think she is doing someone on the inside.......
Old 03-31-2011, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't mind paying what I pay right now I make 19+ an hour. But like I said for instance I get paid every two weeks last week i grossed 13xx and only took home 5xx. What I'm hoping they will realize Is that my hours have been cut, I'm being taxed at a single rate, and I don't claim my kids at the end of the year ( Which i don't expect too.) And most importantly I'm not a dead beat. I feel that if they take more I will not have the liberty to drive and see my kids, and take them out to a movie or eat, or I will not be able to afford keeping them for an entire summer, or school holiday(S). I enjoy going to see/keeping my kids and feel like that will be cut down. Not by choice.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Funkster
Have them revise that **** man.
hes a 30 something deadbeat loser with no car and lives with his parents. When he does work, he gets paid under the table so its hard to prove what he makes.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Keep your head up, as long as your children know that you love them you'll be fine.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLWNLT1_T/A
I don't mind paying what I pay right now I make 19+ an hour. But like I said for instance I get paid every two weeks last week i grossed 13xx and only took home 5xx. What I'm hoping they will realize Is that my hours have been cut, I'm being taxed at a single rate, and I don't claim my kids at the end of the year ( Which i don't expect too.) And most importantly I'm not a dead beat. I feel that if they take more I will not have the liberty to drive and see my kids, and take them out to a movie or eat, or I will not be able to afford keeping them for an entire summer, or school holiday(S). I enjoy going to see/keeping my kids and feel like that will be cut down. Not by choice.

how are you paying that much? i net what you gross, do you have medical coverage through your company or are they taking out for Medicaid? the reason i ask is Medicaid would raise my CS $200 a month which makes no sense because its suppose to be free.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

hard times
Old 03-31-2011, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike171562
hes a 30 something deadbeat loser with no car and lives with his parents. When he does work, he gets paid under the table so its hard to prove what he makes.
Ya I figured that is probably how it was. Even if you could get it revised for higher he would probably stiff you guys anyway.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the cost for the insurance you are providing higher than when child support was originally set up? If so, be sure to detail this up. That is a part of the total cost of child support you are paying.

If your hours are down. Show that. Show what your pay (for a month) was perviously at your old rate and more hours compared to your new rate at lower hours.

Good Luck.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLWNLT1_T/A
If your ex will agree to it staying the same they usually are ok with it as long as she's not getting any type of assistance from the state. If she is that's another story
Old 04-03-2011, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Update?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

And actually California laws aren't as bad as Texas. California they only can vanish up to 50% of your gross. That is to include the cost of health care and Amy back support.

Where I work now i don't take home enough to pay health insurance(x has health insurance) + support + arrears. So I pay the support about and arrears. I only take home after all is said and done a little less the 200. Sometimes a little more if I can swing some over time.
The kicker is I.don't know where my kids are and my x will not allow me to talk to them state could care less about enforcing the custody order which sucks.

Texas if I'm not mistaken its 50% of your gross and the non custodial parent has to pay for health insurance regardless.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Launching!

This woman accused me of being her kids father for 10 years, i left and went to the military after i told her he wasnt mine, i was 19 and could careless, well long story short im 29 now and last year she took me to court for child support and they gave it to her because i signed an AOP(acknowledgement of paternity)
so they are taking my money well me, the child, and the childs mother go take a paternity test and just like i told her 10 years ago he came out 100% not mine and all she can say is im sorry, the AG will not stop it because im the legal father and she will not return my calls to return the money she gets every 2 weeks.
Im in the process of hiring an attorney now to get it to stop but even then there is a chance that the judge will not stop it. Women get everything they want when it comes to child support just know its for the kids
Old 04-03-2011, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Take your last two W2's, show any extra income that you provide for the child and be as absolutely as polite to not only the person reviewing your case but also your ex. She will more than likely be coming for blood if she is like my ex and killing her with kindness in front of the reviewer goes a long way. State calls for 20% of your gross minus insurance, if you can prove that you provide other things such as clothing, sports or schooling, it could getting a lower percentage if even just a couple points.

Good luck, oh dress professionally and remain cool and calm no matter what.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meeting with attorney general tomorrow any advice?