Government shut down?? what do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Government shut down?? what do you think??

just curious to see what others think about this bullshit.....

should have elected a republican.....

spoke to a few people about this and have read a few articles saying the military may or may not get paid. if they dont then supposedly the military will be getting about 20% pay.... WTF??

cut welfare and all the bullshit freeloaders mouching and defrauding the system before taking away from those that defend our nation......
Old 04-07-2011, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

yeah we're (military) only going to get paid for this week...and than that's it....i also heard we might get back pay once they figure everything out but thats not a sure thing....so yeah...us military guys are getting screwed.....

and FYI...it's the republicans holding things up....not trying to get into politics or anything...but they're the ones being stubborn....
Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

BOTH parties are being petty and stubborn. The republicans want deeper cuts than the dems, but the republicans did pass an emergency funding bill that would at least keep things temporarily moving. This extension will fund the dept of defense and gives both parties a little more time to come to an agreement. Obama naturally states he will veto this temporary measure that passed the house...assuming of course the bill survives the senate..

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 04-07-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only reason theyre taking from the military is because per their military contract, they cannot file suit, protest, walk out or take any action against the government. My brother and I are both prior military so thats what we think. We still have friends that are in and they were ALL told that if they didnt show up for work they would be considered AWOL. I think that whole deal is bullshit.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
the only reason theyre taking from the military is because per their military contract, they cannot file suit, protest, walk out or take any action against the government. My brother and I are both prior military so thats what we think. We still have friends that are in and they were ALL told that if they didnt show up for work they would be considered AWOL. I think that whole deal is bullshit.
but not paying soldiers is a breach of contract..... and would allow for people to fight to get out.

i couldnt agree more that being considered awol is complete bullshit. how do they expect military families to pay their bills and survive?? wait go apply for welfare and mouch off tax payers. **** help drain the economy
Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

military gets paid for a week, then nothing as i understand it. anyways, if anyone, blame the democrats for not passing a budget in the first place. the budget should have been passed by 1 october 2010. with a democrat controlled house, senate, and executive, there really is no excuse for not getting the job done. i'll admit, the republicans picked a rather inopportune time to propose such an extreme budget, but when better than the present i suppose. to their credit, though, the republicans did try to pass a continuing resolution in the house and an act in the senate providing pay for soldiers for the remainder of the 2011 year.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

The DOD sent out emails to my active AF friends and told them they would receive 1 weeks pay this for this week and back pay when everything gets done. And anyone that doesn't come to work is AWOL...im sure someone somewhere will challenge them on that and sit-out. How are you supposed to fight a war when your family at home can't eat
Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Shutdown Theory
The DOD sent out emails to my active AF friends and told them they would receive 1 weeks pay this for this week and back pay when everything gets done. And anyone that doesn't come to work is AWOL..
I saw a letter like that as well. I think it's bullshit.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigdave619
just curious to see what others think about this bullshit.....

should have elected a republican.....

spoke to a few people about this and have read a few articles saying the military may or may not get paid. if they dont then supposedly the military will be getting about 20% pay.... WTF??

cut welfare and all the bullshit freeloaders mouching and defrauding the system before taking away from those that defend our nation......
+1! I agree with you 200 percent!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

I wonder if this will be the last week welfare checks go out...
Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

^ If it is, were gonna see a whole lot of "bling bling" at the pawn shops... lol Maybe I'll finally be able to get those donk *** 26's I be wantin' fo cheap...
Old 04-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
I wonder if this will be the last week welfare checks go out...

If it is I'll bet you that the crime rate will increase exponentially
Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 AM
On The Tree

Is it just me or do I see some kind of revolutionary uprising in the making
Old 04-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Banned

this is stupid for the dems

our country is going bankrupt, literally..... its a shut down BECAUSE THERE ARE NO FUNDS TO SUPPORT IT

the only way to keep the country from going bankrupt it to cut the fat

we are paying BILLIONS for democratic programs like "climate control"

WTF??? you cant "control the climate" but we spend BILLIONS of dollars on researching it...... there are many more dumbass democratic programs i could list a mile long thats making this country go broke

we have a bunch of dumbass people spending everyone else's money......

currently they are 7 billion dollars apart on negotiating just to reach the number thats only 2% of our deficit

supposedly the Obama administration is going to get this economy back on track and get us out of debt

IF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION WONT CUT 2% OF THE DEFICIT THEN HOW THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO CUT THE OTHER 98%???

this should have been decided in November, but the Dems dragged it out to the last minute...... the republicans have sent bills to pay the troops, also given several plans on how to help payback our debt...... but the Obama administration turns their head

not to mention Obama's new budget plan is to SPEND a record number next year...... did you know since Obama took office he has SPENT more than all the presidents from Washington to Reagan combined!!!

if you're broke and drowning in debt you dont spend MORE, you STOP SPENDING and CUT EVERYTHING thats not completely necessary

also he wanted ZERO cuts, he wanted to print more money, creating more inflation, screwing the working class

Obama wanted to cut ZERO, the republicans wanted 100 billion in cuts....... who's trying to help the country stay afloat and who is trying to sink it???

Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 AM
On The Tree

i swear if ppl on welfare get paid and i dont im gonna be pissed. ive been to war to defend this country and i get shafted but some lazy *** still gets paid is bullshit

just read welfare will not be effected and are still getting paid to sit on their asses while those working and defending the country arnt getting paid

Last edited by DarknessHunter; 04-08-2011 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
^ If it is, were gonna see a whole lot of "bling bling" at the pawn shops... lol Maybe I'll finally be able to get those donk *** 26's I be wantin' fo cheap...
HAHAHA..Yeah if daht happen ah can pick up me a ole 4x4 4th gen wita shot gun rack ohn it,and maybey a go karht lownmorroh foh da fahm...

Last edited by boostbaby; 04-08-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
this is stupid for the dems

our country is going bankrupt, literally..... its a shut down BECAUSE THERE ARE NO FUNDS TO SUPPORT IT

the only way to keep the country from going bankrupt it to cut the fat

we are paying BILLIONS for democratic programs like "climate control"

WTF??? you cant "control the climate" but we spend BILLIONS of dollars on researching it...... there are many more dumbass democratic programs i could list a mile long thats making this country go broke

we have a bunch of dumbass people spending everyone else's money......

currently they are 7 billion dollars apart on negotiating just to reach the number thats only 2% of our deficit

supposedly the Obama administration is going to get this economy back on track and get us out of debt

IF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION WONT CUT 2% OF THE DEFICIT THEN HOW THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO CUT THE OTHER 98%???

this should have been decided in November, but the Dems dragged it out to the last minute...... the republicans have sent bills to pay the troops, also given several plans on how to help payback our debt...... but the Obama administration turns their head

not to mention Obama's new budget plan is to SPEND a record number next year...... did you know since Obama took office he has SPENT more than all the presidents from Washington to Reagan combined!!!

if you're broke and drowning in debt you dont spend MORE, you STOP SPENDING and CUT EVERYTHING thats not completely necessary

also he wanted ZERO cuts, he wanted to print more money, creating more inflation, screwing the working class

Obama wanted to cut ZERO, the republicans wanted 100 billion in cuts....... who's trying to help the country stay afloat and who is trying to sink it???

Yeah i really hate how there cutting education,but spending billions on new prison...If we educate the children then we wont need prison right or atless not so many!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

This can turn into a very serious and debated thread.

My. 02 ............. everyone on welfare should have to pass a **** test to get paid lol
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by boostbaby
Yeah i really hate how there cutting education,but spending billions on new prison...If we educate the children then we wont need prison right or atless not so many!!!
There is no money in education. There IS money in the court system though!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
There is no money in education. There IS money in the court system though!
So true but so sad,we rather have more prison inmates than educated entrepreneurs!

Quick Reply: Government shut down?? what do you think??