Crashed my camaro! Fml

Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Crashed my camaro! Fml

So This Accident happened in Feb. my first accident ever

Full Story:

Not to mention its the coldest night in san antonio at like 19 degrees and 40mph winds. FREEZING!!Its 3am Im headed home from work...as im exiting 410 to get on I-10W this Mustang starts Tailgating me on the off ramp. so im tired as hell and just ignore him. as soon as the off ramp ends i get on i-10 in the middle lane and set my cruise control at like 68(just got a speeeding ticket, im little paranoid) so this guy shoots around me to the fast lane and starts revving and wants to go. after about 30 secs of me ignoring him. i hear him punch it and then lose it. he hits me hard on the driver side and then i start going sideways on the highway at about 65. I thought i was going to start flipping but i end up sliding into the center concrete divider facing the wrong way. good there was Nobody else on the highway. i start freaking out,im pissed. well this dude just spun out in the middle of the highway he starts coming towards my car walking all shady with his hand behind his back. and im barely getting my seatbelt off. A Family friend that also works off rittiman was killed a couple months before because of road ragehttp://www.ksat.com/news/25461732/detail.html so im not taking a chance i reach for my .40 just praying this dude doesnt try anything stupid. i get my door open and tell him to GTF away from me and go back to his car and wait for the cops. i didnt draw my gun to were he can see it but i had it at my hip ready to go. he starts saying to please not call the cops, That he can fix it, hes been doing body work since he was a kid. im like WTF get away from me and starts walking back to his car yelling **** **** ****! takes me about a minute to find my phone and as soon as i call the cops the first cars start to pass by and they are a couple of buddies from my work. they stop to help, then a cop comes out of nowhere so thats good. i tell the operator a cop is already there. more cops arrive,so then we start the whole accident process, dude admits to tailgating and trying to race me and that he just got the car and couldnt handle the power! He says he has liability insurance also...so he gives the cop his info and then the cop gives it to me later. we tried moving My car but when i would go forward the wheels wouldnt turn and i hear a grinding noise. the rear tire is all bent so. the tow truck drivers came to get it and get us off the highway. we get to a parking lot off the highway and he convinces me that its a total loss and to let them take it to the city pound. a Friend of mine gets there to pick me up. Told the cops about my weapon but cops didnt give a **** about it because i have my CHL. they didnt even care about the 3 full clips i had in my glove compartment. gotta love TX. Anyways insurance says i have to wait for the police report before they can do anything,which ends up taking like 8 days. Police report looks good, says hes at fault, so i fax it in and file the claim. They call me back in a couple hours saying that the insurance doesnt even cover him and that car has been off that policy for 8 months. Belonged to the previous owner. so im like ****! my cars been in the pound accruing fees thinking im not gonna have to worry about it because he has insurance. I Call this dude and im like WTF whats with the fake insurance. hes like well i gave it to the cops so i wouldnt get in trouble. his car only had minor front end damage. and the cops just let him go free and clear. i even called the police to see why they didnt run his insurance when the accident happened but never got an answer or a call back.He starts saying he doesnt have money to get my car out and if i get it out to take it to his friends shop and im like **** that im taking you to court and i hung up. so i head over to the pound and after a $450 bill i get it towed out. same day i found out the tie rod snapped which is why i couldnt turn the wheels. replaced that. put a new wheel on the rear and drove it around the block as i got around the 3rd corner i felt a slight wobble. seems like the axel is slightly bent. so i just left it parked. I only had liability insurance so that was out of the question.

i work a graveyard shift like 60 hours a week so i didnt really have time to get it appraised on damages and deal with that stuff, just as i was about to get it done.... i broke my ankle. FML didnt want to deal with any car issues so fast forward to now after ive had surgery and being immobile and still with a cast on my leg. im wondering if its even worth it to take him to court,unless its too late. yes its my first car, love it to death. i think it can be fixed but not without lots of time and money.

found some parts for it that are the same color
front bumper
rear bumper
berger panel
front fender
but is $500 too much?? and the parts do have small paint flaws but no damage.

so yeah what do yall think? should i fix it? cut my losses and get a crotch rocket? sorry for the long story but o well. thx

before....

After

Last edited by jabberman; 04-19-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Ouch....I'd call up a Lawyer..
Old 04-19-2011, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cut your loses on the car ... Take him to court if you can but not to much is going to happen with someone thats already broke.

The damages would cost you more to fix then just to go buy a new f-body.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lawyer the hell up... fixing that left rear quarter is going to be a bitch, esp the door jam area... i would not even bother fixing it if it was me. i would just go talk to some lawyers and have him served. in the mean time i would look into purchasing a new car. also file a complaint with the police department, they might still press charges on him, im not sure how all that works though.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

Court his butt - Salvage parts and sell them if you can't. IDK
Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Seems like everyone been wrecking lately! I just lost my Formula about a month ago ish. I just parted/sold the car, cuz insurance wont give you whats its worth to you. Instead of fixing it, just save up for a new/better one. Be glad that your ok, life is priceless!
As for the dumbass in the mustang- Agree with everyone- Take his *** to court!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Yeah i just hope its not too late to take him to court. anybody ever have an experience like that? I heard that the court could put a lien on his wages. is that true?
Old 04-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Teching In

I honestly dont know, but I would ask the lawyer that question... Him hitting you, fake insurance, you should get something out of it!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Teching In

A lawyer is not going to touch this case. He doesn't have insurance or money. So who is going to pay the lawyer, you?....try $5,000 just to start.

Small claims court. Yeah you will win, but big deal. He doesn't have money and he won't pay. You cannot garnish wages over a judgement in Tx.

Let his buddy shop fix it. You have nothing to lose.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can have his licence taken away until he pays for the damages. Buddy of mine did this to a lady for nearly 10 years until she paid. Went to jail multiple times for no DL :-)
Old 04-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Launching!

here's an alternate method....

youve got the guys name and phone # and possible address....you also have a .40.....

need i say further?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:05 AM
TECH Junkie

That rear end is shifted over.

Find out what a lawyer can do for you.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
here's an alternate method....

youve got the guys name and phone # and possible address....you also have a .40.....

need i say further?
I like the way u think!!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go all fast and furious on him... "you owe me a 13 second car"

Tell him you are going to take him to court or you will trade your Z for his mustang and he can have his buddy fix it.

Guy sounds like an idiot and probably doesn't know you can't garnish wages.

Only way this will work is if you present it to him like you are giving him an out.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

What a mess. Any lawyer will cost more than that Camaro is worth, probably in just a few hours of consulting. You might just threaten to sue and press charges, and have his buddy fix the car like he offered.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Blow up his house.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
What a mess. Any lawyer will cost more than that Camaro is worth, probably in just a few hours of consulting. You might just threaten to sue and press charges, and have his buddy fix the car like he offered.
Lawyers are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

If he can't afford insurance he sure as **** won't have money to pay you. I'm guessing you don't have full coverage through your insurance?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ysb02
Lawyers are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

If he can't afford insurance he sure as **** won't have money to pay you. I'm guessing you don't have full coverage through your insurance?
"I only had liability insurance so that was out of the question"

You need to call your insurance company some Liability insurance has uninsured along with the policy.

It's worth a shot.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1965GP
Go all fast and furious on him... "you owe me a 13 second car"

Tell him you are going to take him to court or you will trade your Z for his mustang and he can have his buddy fix it.

Guy sounds like an idiot and probably doesn't know you can't garnish wages.

Only way this will work is if you present it to him like you are giving him an out.
This is a good idea, make him fit it or blow up his Mustang.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

x2^^ Mine has it!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crashed my camaro! Fml