*official* mw3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default *official* mw3 thread

ok so there are some other threads about modern warfare but they are just kinda bs'ing about mw3 vs bf3 or whats the point of elite vs regular. so i thought we should dedicate a thread to nothing but straight game play and/or swapping GT's.

so if you have any gripes/moans/complaints or tips/tricks/strategies let them be heard!

the first thing that comes to my mind is assists, i have never had so many assists/kill jacks in my life! if it wasn't for all the assists i'd have like a 2.0 k/d. i know i know, just play hardcore but i don't know the maps well enough yet to thrive in hardcore games.

Last edited by brian_rs/ss; 11-11-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they need to do some work on the servers that's for sure... seems like they never expect 200k+ people to play at once.....
Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent had any problems with server lag/crash, except for elite. Ive only been able to sign on that once.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

takes forever to find a game, and when you do find one, it's about a 2% connect rate....I haven't had much lag issues since I turned the game recording off....here lately anytime there's people playing on split screen, it seems to have issues..
Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the game so far, getting more familiar with the maps, day one was lame like 2/17 lol

Type95 looks to be the famas from mw2, I like it but I'm sure it's going to be the noob weapon of the year.

Any info on perks would be awesome!

What does marksmen pro do?

Xbox tag: sss13sss

If you add me send me a message saying "ls1tech
Old 11-11-2011, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

The game play and maps are great. Only gripe is the server crash. Also when trying to play TDM with a group takes forever to connect.

PS3 tag: imnotacrook
Old 11-11-2011, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

yeah every now and then the server takes a dump. i have game recording off as well. so far so good with lag. no issues yet.

just started playing FFA today, i must say its easier to memorize the maps in FFA. well not easier...more like learn fast or die. TDM just got frustrating with walking into team mates, getting stuck in doorways, kill jacks/assists etc. FFA has a better pace, less walking to the fight and more fighting everywhere. and it depends more on individual effort.

tried playing hardcore a little. definitely not a good idea until u have the maps down pat. i got DOMINATED. went like 6 and 12, 9 and 23, 10 and 19. felt like a complete idiot.

so far my K/D is hovering around .890-1.00 the first day it was actually closer to 2.0 bc i got lucky and played like the first 10 games with nothing but total nubs.

as far as perks go i love quick draw pro, gives u just that little edge to get first shot in the black. that and playing on AT LEAST high sensitivity helps a lot for a fast playing style. for smaller maps i use the UMP45 with extreme conditioning, quickdraw, stalker. reason being EC gets u to the fight faster, QD gets u in the sites faster, and stalker lets you manuver while in the sights faster. also i like kick for reduced recoil which helps stay on target when u give it the beans.

still figuring out what i like/don't like for assault rifle classes and sniper classes. haven't even touched the shotguns yet. btw i love the pistols in this game.

xbox live: CHEEZIT9000

Last edited by brian_rs/ss; 11-11-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
I like the game so far, getting more familiar with the maps, day one was lame like 2/17 lol

Type95 looks to be the famas from mw2, I like it but I'm sure it's going to be the noob weapon of the year.

Any info on perks would be awesome!

What does marksmen pro do?

Xbox tag: sss13sss

If you add me send me a message saying "ls1tech
marksmen pro lets u hold your breath longer while sniping.

http://www.mw3perks.com/
Old 11-11-2011, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Silenced ACR is where it's at in this one. Also the AS50 is ridiculous, hello one shot quick scopes. One thing I've noticed is everything silenced seems to be better in this one, I'm sure a patch will fix it though. M4 is also ridiculous, easily the most OP weapon ever.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

love/hate the game so far. the only reason i say i hate it is because i am complete garbage playing it LOL. the "slower" pace of black ops spoiled me. i need to get back into the more hectic style of gameplay that the mw games have.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Played the campaign a little last night. The graphics are bad *** as usual.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whatsa347
Silenced ACR is where it's at in this one. Also the AS50 is ridiculous, hello one shot quick scopes. One thing I've noticed is everything silenced seems to be better in this one, I'm sure a patch will fix it though. M4 is also ridiculous, easily the most OP weapon ever.
I would say the C901 or whatever it is is easily the most OP Assault Riffle in there.....been using it like crazy lately and it's just plain nasty, have it with Kick, Hybrid scope, and my sights don't move unless I'm getting shot
Old 11-11-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just picked up last night and played this morning. Still feeling it out and trying to find my weapon of choice.

I will try some of ones suggested when I unlock'em.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

honestly i think the biggest advantage by far is knowing the maps. the more i play and watch kill cams, it seems that i die a lot from turning the wrong way when chasing the little red dot lmao.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
I would say the C901 or whatever it is is easily the most OP Assault Riffle in there.....been using it like crazy lately and it's just plain nasty, have it with Kick, Hybrid scope, and my sights don't move unless I'm getting shot
really? u think so? i tried it out some but i still havent unlocked kick yet for it. maybe i need to hmm...
Old 11-11-2011, 11:03 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I can't run-n-gun like usual (yet) because I don't know the maps well enough. Whenever I try to do that, I get shot in the back. So, I've had to resort to creeping around slowly, weeding out the campers sitting in various windows and corners. That is getting my K/D back to positive, albeit slowly. I still prefer Hardcore games, I don't like giving enemies warning shots or injury shots, allowing them to hide or return fire.

XB360: YNOTDV8 - if you add me send a message ls1tech. I play late evenings, usually 8-10pm.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
I had it and still lost every time to the M4, Infinity Ward does this every time. Anyone remember the UMP in MW2? Learning the maps helped a lot, but the spawns are so bad right now that it doesn't matter most of the time.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had just small issue's with servers. Overall it's been badass. I've been playing since COD 4 and World at War... Mainly play TDM and S&D.

PS3 Username : ButtCrackSuprise

Rank as of last night 66 I think. 17hrs
Kill/Death Ratio - 1.45
Win Ratio - 2.87

Already have 1000+ kills with UMP, Unlocked Gold UMP
Old 11-11-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the UMP is still a little over powered in this one too....I was using the M4 for awhile then switched to the CM901....with the kick perk on it's pretty much a headshot magnet from a good distance.. but it mainly be for me because of my playing style....I'm not a sniper type but I like a little distance between me and my foe.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Launching!

i havent really had any issues with the servers. you guys must be on ps3 lol
ive got up to the gold ump but i just started using the PP90M1 and i think i like it more.
sleight of hand, quick draw, and sitrep just cuz its a habit i cant get out of from black ops. i never look for claymores cuz im used to them being lit up red so i always die. lol
still experamenting with killstreaks. i miss my dogs already. the Osprey Gunner is cool but by the time you get it and it drops ur care packages, the game is over.