ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ticket

Just got a ticket for no front license plate. Any suggezstions? I had the ta LP cover on it.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Put one on. Take it to the court house. Pay court fee. Ticket dismissed.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much was the ticket?
Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

What city are you in? Even if you do bring a picture with the plate on, they wont dismiss it anymore you gotta pay for the ticket.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Schertz tx. Ticket is like 120.00
Old 11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTX
Put one on. Take it to the court house. Pay court fee. Ticket dismissed.
negative

i got a ticket for no front lp, I had a whole thread about this.

They imposed a ticket close to $300 when its all said and done. Not including the front bracket, which is 50 bucks at the dealer.

i had a plea deal, 1 month probation and pay 70 dollar court cost, then $72 dollar probation cost.

This also depends who pulled u over. DPS/Sherrif your prolly gonna have to do what i went through, city cop.. maybe 20 bucks to dismiss it for a fix it ticket.. but according to the state attorney, its not a fixit ticket. Personally I'd fight it and see if the cop shows up
Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Teching In

So, I went to the court house in schertx and asked what I had to do to take care of this ticket. They said I had to fix the issue show proof and pay $10.00. They said its a fix it ticket and now the ticket is off my record.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
negative

i got a ticket for no front lp, I had a whole thread about this.

They imposed a ticket close to $300 when its all said and done. Not including the front bracket, which is 50 bucks at the dealer.

i had a plea deal, 1 month probation and pay 70 dollar court cost, then $72 dollar probation cost.

This also depends who pulled u over. DPS/Sherrif your prolly gonna have to do what i went through, city cop.. maybe 20 bucks to dismiss it for a fix it ticket.. but according to the state attorney, its not a fixit ticket. Personally I'd fight it and see if the cop shows up

Sounds like you had an equipment violation, if you dont have a bracket/mount for the license plate you will definitely get nailed for it. Fix it tickets get filed under Plate obstruction or insecurely mounted plates. Different agencies use different regulations.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by svg210
Sounds like you had an equipment violation, if you dont have a bracket/mount for the license plate you will definitely get nailed for it. Fix it tickets get filed under Plate obstruction or insecurely mounted plates. Different agencies use different regulations.
ugh, i hate this stupid ****. Yeah i diddnt have a front bracket, but the car was sold to me that way from the dealer. It is also like I diddnt have a front LP, I had one on the windshield and you could visibly see every letter and number. So before my court date I purchased a brand new mount and put it on, I showed them it was put on and had a receipt.

The state prosecutor told me it is not considered a fix it ticket, and that i had to pay the full fine.. I plead not guilty, cuz I had a FRONT lp, but I had to drive into town THREE times to head to court, and the missed wages rivaled that to the actual cost of the ticket. Which was close to $300. So even if i was found not guilty, i'd still be short hundreds of dollars in lost wages (and the cost of gas). Since i had to appear in court on a forth day.. my city court is about 50 miles or so from my job.. jus to put in perspective.

I dont get it, I really don't.

OP, im jealous of your situation.