New Police Cars!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Police Cars!!!!

My dad sent me these pics today from work. Appearently Mario Williams donated 10 Camaro SS's to HPD for some reason hmmmmm lol. nah but my dad said they are pretty sweet. I would love to be driving these for a police cruiser!!! so some of yall better watch out!!! lol

Old 11-30-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to be a cop now....
Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

bad *** ghost car! They look really good in white IMO
HPD should paint the wheels black like the other cruisers and maybe leave the little center cap polished just to follow the dress code.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why do cops need a Camaro SS? Get them all a Prius, save on gas money (tax money) with all the driving around they do.

And don't give me that high speed car chase argument, there's no running from a police helicopter.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

None of the above.
They been sitting in underpasses lately or "speed" traps on the feeders.
Even a ugr lambo can't outrun the radio.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
Why do cops need a Camaro SS? Get them all a Prius, save on gas money (tax money) with all the driving around they do.

And don't give me that high speed car chase argument, there's no running from a police helicopter.
so what do you suppose when a cop goes to pull someone over and they run before the cop can get their DL and say he's in a prius. now that guy just got away because all they have to go off is the car and maybe a license plate but that doesnt prove much. so to say dont give you that high speed car cahse stuff cause your talking out of your ***. yeah it may only happen 1 in a cops career if even that but if he is able to get a murderer or rapist of the street then so be it. and what should the small town cops do if they dont have a helicoper? and do you really expect a prius to catch up to a car going 80 on 288 relitivly quick??? i mean be real, please. i understand your point but it's just not realistic.

edit: crown vic have a hard time keeping up with anything that runs. so having a few of these on the fleet wont hurt, pluse it's not like the camaros get HORRIBLE gas mileage.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Launching!

Good point with the small town cops. I live in a rural area and if every cop didn't drive a Charger every Joe blow would be running.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
so what do you suppose when a cop goes to pull someone over and they run before the cop can get their DL and say he's in a prius. now that guy just got away because all they have to go off is the car and maybe a license plate but that doesnt prove much. so to say dont give you that high speed car cahse stuff cause your talking out of your ***. yeah it may only happen 1 in a cops career if even that but if he is able to get a murderer or rapist of the street then so be it. and what should the small town cops do if they dont have a helicoper? and do you really expect a prius to catch up to a car going 80 on 288 relitivly quick??? i mean be real, please. i understand your point but it's just not realistic.

edit: crown vic have a hard time keeping up with anything that runs. so having a few of these on the fleet wont hurt, pluse it's not like the camaros get HORRIBLE gas mileage.
You would be suprised how good the crown vics really do. Top speed is around 125-130. Just because my car will go 167 doesnt mean ill ever be able to go 167 for more then 1/2 a mile. As long as your in sight thats all that matters.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

repost
Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NemeSS
None of the above.
They been sitting in underpasses lately or "speed" traps on the feeders.
Even a ugr lambo can't outrun the radio.
I have seen the underpass business at Antoine/290 and the feeder speedtrap on I-10 service rd right after the hwy6 exit.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If the car is not CLEARLY marked as being police then they should not be making traffic stops. But lets worry more about generating revenue than citizen safety.

I bet the cops wouldn't like ghost liscense plates and ghost inspection stickers.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:29 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

You know what is stupid? Putting the discrete hidden looking logos on the side, but putting that huge cow pusher on the nose at the same time. Yeah, nobody will know it is a cop.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
If the car is not CLEARLY marked as being police then they should not be making traffic stops. But lets worry more about generating revenue than citizen safety.

I bet the cops wouldn't like ghost liscense plates and ghost inspection stickers.

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
You know what is stupid? Putting the discrete hidden looking logos on the side, but putting that huge cow pusher on the nose at the same time. Yeah, nobody will know it is a cop.

Exactly. I have no problem with cops policing and doing their jobs...but GTFOH with the ghosts decals. I will pull over for one, but as far as I'm concerned they can call a REAL squad car over for me to get out of my car. Quit being sneaky, only making themselves more disliked by the public for their tactics... My .02
Duke
Old 12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Couldnt you run from something like that and say you couldn't tell it was a police car?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Couldnt you run from something like that and say you couldn't tell it was a police car?
you could try but there is a difference from pulling over in a safe well lit and populated place to make sure they wont be able to do anything to you, to "running" from him. like i said you could try just dont get caught and if you do be prepared to face the consequences. not to mention the officers in those cars are in official uniform.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
you could try but there is a difference from pulling over in a safe well lit and populated place to make sure they wont be able to do anything to you, to "running" from him. like i said you could try just dont get caught and if you do be prepared to face the consequences. not to mention the officers in those cars are in official uniform.
x2 It's NEVER a good idea to run from a cop do like he said above and " pulling over in a safe well lit and populated place"
Old 12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
x2 It's NEVER a good idea to run from a cop do like he said above and " pulling over in a safe well lit and populated place"
Why not??? LOL I think it would be fun!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
With the red & blue lights, hidden LED lights I assume on the front, in the rear you can see the clear LED light bar across the top of the back glass, you'd be screwed..royally. And then when they do catch you, you'll probably get bounced off of said police car and onto the ground with a few punches mixed in.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You mean the blue and red lights that anyone can buy off ebay? There is a reason the cars need to be marked.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...43/detail.html

Here are some guide lines they mentionedin the article.
Police also offered following safety tips:
If you suspect that an individual is not a police officer, maintain current speeds, obey all traffic laws and proceed to the nearest police station.
If you feel the need to pull over quickly, drive to well-lit area or densely populated location before stopping.
Look for markings on the vehicle.
Use your cell phone to contact police if you suspect the person attempting to stop you is not a legitimate police officer. Ask the dispatcher to send a supervisor to your location in marked police car.
Ask for credentials.
There are unmarked police vehicles used in undercover operations by detectives, but if you ever feel suspicious about a car or a person pulling you over, call 911.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

well tose are cool, here in oklahoma we have a bunch, and with the chargers you never see a crown vic unless your in a small town. I live in a small town and alot of guys get there personal cars as cop cars. I saw a guy pulled over by a lifted f-150 with hids and exhaust... bet you wouldnt see that coming. But my question is lets say they do pull someone over where the hell are they gunna put the guy if he gets arrested? wait for back up? seems like a little bet of a waste. IMO and in oklahoma you would be surprised how easy it is to out run a cop. I have done it on the highway and city you just have to know the streets and have a head start lol

Quick Reply: New Police Cars!!!!