Bought a starter bike today off of ebay.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Bought a starter bike today off of ebay.

1989 Honda Hawk GT NT650

9k original miles
Sales manager said it was like new.
650cc

Apparently, it's sort of a collectable. Picked it up for $2500, which is an easy $1-2k under the going price for similar condition/miles bikes of this model.

Sorry for the crappy pics. They immediately removed it from their website which had good pics. These, I grabbed off ebay.

Just took the motorcycle safety course 2 weeks ago.

This is an engine with a bar and various items around it.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a damn clean looking bike for an 89'. What is your next step after this bike? When you're ready you can pick up my bike I've got listed in the tx classifieds . Oh, and by the way, always keep your eyes moving on the road, way to many morons that will literally pay you no attention, or make a simple lane change not realizing you are even there. Something seems to happen like that almost every time I take mine out. Congrats on the purchase!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballerado
That's a damn clean looking bike for an 89'. What is your next step after this bike? When you're ready you can pick up my bike I've got listed in the tx classifieds . Oh, and by the way, always keep your eyes moving on the road, way to many morons that will literally pay you no attention, or make a simple lane change not realizing you are even there. Something seems to happen like that almost every time I take mine out. Congrats on the purchase!
Thanks for the tips.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice bike. At 9k miles that mustve been treated as a collectible. I agree with ballerado, when youre on the bike, youre invisible. Not joking
Ride safe