Racetronix fuel pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racetronix fuel pump Question

I had an install a while back and the car worked like a charm. Recently I had a new motor put in and the issue now is the fuse keep popping. I currently has a 20 now I moved it up to a 30 just to get it home. I dont know if there is an issue here. The problem usually happens when im just driving at lower Rpms. I was not even able to put another fuse in the kit till I put the 30 in there. Any thoughts? I checked the wires and the all look like they are connected where they should be. Would it be the alternator is going out. Or just leave the 30 fuse in?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fuses are put in to protect the wiring from overheat. Something is causing an excessive current draw. I would check your grounds and get the pump checked to see if it draws excess current
Old 12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXIMO
I had an install a while back and the car worked like a charm. Recently I had a new motor put in and the issue now is the fuse keep popping. I currently has a 20 now I moved it up to a 30 just to get it home. I dont know if there is an issue here. The problem usually happens when im just driving at lower Rpms. I was not even able to put another fuse in the kit till I put the 30 in there. Any thoughts? I checked the wires and the all look like they are connected where they should be. Would it be the alternator is going out. Or just leave the 30 fuse in?
Do not use an over-rated or a cheap brand of fuse. If you do it may cause a fire or cause damage to the fuse holder.

First you should check the wire running from the fuse holder to the relay at back of the car to make sure nothing has cut through or been pinched.

This has nothing to do with a failing alternator. Put a quality BUSS or LITTLEFUSE brand 20 amp fuse back in the fuse holder.

If you require further support please subscribe to our support forum.

Thank you.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 12-19-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im at a loss I dont know what is going on. Everything looks good on wires no cuts it just keeps popping the fuse. Bolted to the alternator then the fuse holder then to the rear and the ground is seperatly bolted to the body.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXIMO
Im at a loss I dont know what is going on. Everything looks good on wires no cuts it just keeps popping the fuse. Bolted to the alternator then the fuse holder then to the rear and the ground is seperatly bolted to the body.
It's time to seek help from a tech on our support forum then....

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<