Whats the dumbest ticket you have got?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whats the dumbest ticket you have got?

I figured to start this because today I got a ticket for "being within 5 feet of a driveway" I had no idea that was even a law? lol Anyone else get bizarre crap?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

No ****?! Who did you **** off?
Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driving 10 over on a desert road in the absolute middle of nowhere.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

No seatbelt in the back seat in the parking lot of a park lol.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Got pulled over for "suspicious driving" when I was going the speed limit, stopped completely for 3 seconds at stop signs AND used blinkers. Got a ticket for expired registration even though I explained to the cop I had just bought the car the day before. Also for some reason he had called for backup so there were about 3 cops that were present?
Old 12-22-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got an "Unreasonable speed on an offramp" once in addition to a speeding ticket. Also was given 2 "Unsafe start" tickets at once. One for first gear, and one for 2nd gear.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Dumb for me ... 91 in a 55 pulling a trailer with my race bike & equipment on it. I thought I was safe following pacing a random vehicle when I saw the State Patrol after we crested a hill. We slowed down, the State Patrol pulled over the truck in front of me, but there was a County Sheriff on the right shoulder who then pulled me over. Damn ... they were double-teaming .... $850 and that ticket stayed on my record for 5 years because it was so severe! Luckily, I wasn't hauled to jail, car/trailer/bike impounded, license suspended, etc. (30 or over is the officer's discretion). I was happy to pay the fine.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chevyguy3
I got an "Unreasonable speed on an offramp" once in addition to a speeding ticket. Also was given 2 "Unsafe start" tickets at once. One for first gear, and one for 2nd gear.
LOL ... how can you "start" in second gear if your were already moving shifting out of first gear? I can maybe see "improper acceleration" in first gear and then another ticket for "improper acceleration" in second gear though.

It is just best to keep it on the track I guess. I have learned that over the years. Street racing or the like is not worth the trouble ... just too much to lose especially when I work for the same employer as the patrol officers.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

I got pulled over (for no front plate) when i was 16 years old. I was surrounded by 3 constables all with spotlights on me (have a clean record, wasnt acting stupid). finally cop comes up i give him my insurance and he claims that because its a copy and its smudged i didn't have proper proof of insurance... it was the damn instructions on the side that were smudged, the insurance info was fine. Got a warning for the plate and a ticket for the insurance.... what a dick
Old 12-22-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Illegal use of horn (Indiana), because I honked at a cop & said "What the hell was that?" when he was the 3rd person to run a red light, but he used his lights to get through it, then turn them off right after he got through.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Dumb on my part... Got a speeding ticket for 130 in a 55 in my 68 GTO when I was 16. Lost my license for 6 months. Actually the cop was nice about it and only wrote down 82 in a 55. In Iowa, 25 over you automatically loose your license.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
9 Second Club

"Excessive Engine Noise" in my Cummins diesel swapped 91 Dodge Ramcharger. It passed inspection the day before, the cop said it didnt matter and gave me the ticket anyways. he said my engine was too loud, i said it was a diesel they are all loud, it was a city noise ordinance ticket in Katy.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Almost three rather rediculous ones at once back when I was 17
......late 80's

No front license plate, impeding and stated that he would also find one for excessive noise or excessive polution if I gave him any more lip.

Story:
Out running some errands and a mustang GT pulled up beside me (I owned an 84 HO Z28 "massaged" a little). He motioned for me to roll down my window and asked if I wanted to run them. Obviously, while this was going on our speeds reduced (dropped to around 30 MPH posted speed limit was 40). I politely told the driver no, as I knew it was an area known for police patrol. Not giving up, he tried to intice me by revving his engine a couple of times......I just smiled, rolled up the window and started to go about my business.
Out of the blue, with the mustang still beside me, a police office comes up behind me, pulls me over and starts to read me "the riot act" about racing and that I was lucky that I saw him before we actually did anything. Not being one to argue with an officer, but wanting to make sure he understood the facts, I explained what transpired and agreed that I was in the wrong for slowing down but felt the ticket was a rediculous, as they give 10 over in this area without issue.........thats when I found myself with the second ticket and a third if I felt that I needed to say more ~

It took everything in me to not tell him that he obviously had no idea in the differnces in sound between the mustang and camaro engines

...........moral of the story, standing up for ones self as a teen against authority usually doesn't work out well
Old 12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

134 in a 65...
Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Running a stop sign, and driving on the wrong side of the road.

I am still confused as **** why I was ticketed, because I didn't do it. Either way, $750 and a lawyer later it was dismissed.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:00 AM
9 Second Club

not ticketed but i was pulled over for a 145 in a 45. the cop was impressed that a S10 could go that fast
Old 12-23-2011, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't remember why I got pulled over, but when I handed the cop my dl, he asked why I was driving at night. Back then we classifications and restrictions on the back of the dl. I have a class CM and restriction A (for corrective lenses). Restriction M is daytime only, we got in a pretty good arguement, he knew he was losing. I finally told him to write me a ticket for driving at night, I'll see him in court, he ended up handing me my license back and telling me to have a good night.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Teching In

i was issued a ticket for riding wheelie on roadway on my bike, so i went to court and the judge said there is no such law. He could have got me for wreck less endangerment or something of that sort but he didn't so i got it dismissed
Old 12-23-2011, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

No seat belt...when I was wearing a red 5-point harness.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

135mph in a 65mph. Thank you Groesbeck Texas DPS. Flying to work on a country road and apprently passed a DPS. Guess i was way ahead because stopped at a 4 way stop made a right hand turn and seen lights so I pulled over. They jumped out guns hot!!!! Crazy ****. Took me in and charged with evading arrest in a motor vehicle which in Texas is a felony. I was just enjoying the county roads on my way to work. I bailed out and got a lawyer. Ended up having its reduced to a deferred adjudication misdemeanor 2 years probation, 1000hrs community service, ******* book Report on the Book Texas, and another Book report. Completed all that and it was all dropped

**** you Groesbeck Texas!!!!!!

Last edited by 1INSANEGTO; 12-23-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Whats the dumbest ticket you have got?