More air!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More air!

So I've been trolling different threads about different intakes and TBs/MAFs but still haven't come to a solid conclusion... I have an ls2 block with stock ls6 heads and an ls6 intake with slp lid. Other mods are in my sig. I'm leaning towards the FAST 92/92 setup. I'm guessing I would also need a larger MAF as well to prevent bottle-necked airflow in that area? EVENTUALLY, i plan on sending my 243 heads out to AI, but that wont be for a while. I am fairly certain I want the FAST 92/92, but I guess my main question is what to do about my MAF? What would you guys recommend?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Go speed density and get rid of your MAF... Problem fixed and you'll love it.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tsp 100mm maf is an option
Old 01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ballerado
tsp 100mm maf is an option
Why buy something you can get rid of and tune out?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Why buy something you can get rid of and tune out?
I don't know?? I don't have any knowledge in SD so that is why I didn't recommend it. I mean, I have read of those who went to it that loved it, and others that brought up the issue of changing weather conditions/climates and it effecting the tune. But again, I cant speak for going SD because of my lack of knowledge on it. TSP 100mm maf on the other hand, I suggested it because well, I run it, along with the 92/92 setup.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ballerado
I don't know?? I don't have any knowledge in SD so that is why I didn't recommend it. I mean, I have read of those who went to it that loved it, and others that brought up the issue of changing weather conditions/climates and it effecting the tune. But again, I cant speak for going SD because of my lack of knowledge on it. TSP 100mm maf on the other hand, I suggested it because well, I run it, along with the 92/92 setup.
I understand...

As for issues with weather conditions/climates and it effecting the tune... I haven't come across this yet. I've been running this over a year now and no problem. And it runs great...

I guess people could have problems if the tuner doesn't know what he's doing. But that could be the case with anything if it's not done right.