Royal Purple Raceway lastnight...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Purple Raceway lastnight...

Noticed a lot of people out there lastnight....Bunch of LS cars. Anybody break a personal best? I couldn't hook for sh¡t time for sum dr's.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Had a couple of buddies out they said the track was **** wasnt preped at all
Old 01-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Track was PACKED lastnight..and freezing!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01 WS6 6.0
Had a couple of buddies out they said the track was **** wasnt preped at all
Yeah no **** I thought maybe it was just me...

Originally Posted by SouthTexasBully
Track was PACKED lastnight..and freezing!
yeah it was hence why I was trying to break my pb, but not traction...lol
Old 01-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PBMGTO
Yeah no **** I thought maybe it was just me...

yeah it was hence why I was trying to break my pb, but not traction...lol
Yeah i could hook for **** either. But it was also my first time running down a track ever and i didn't lower my tire pressure either which i doubt would have helped much with my shitty bfgoodrich tires. X2 on needing some new tires!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, my buddy just the new record for bolt on only 5th gen

11.69 @118
Old 01-15-2012, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

My buddy had traction, broke the wheelstuds on his WS6 when it dead hooked.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:47 AM
10 Second Club

I set a new best in my truck out there last night. Sam Miller tuned it for me a couple a weeks ago. Other than that its a stock 2011 crew cab Siverado with a 6.2 ltr. Ran 13.81@100. Both passes I made were agaist new 5.0 mustangs, I beat both of them.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

I ran 11.95 and 11.96, but didn't break my pb of 11.91. The weather was great, but I agree that the track was poorly prepped. My later runs were 12.15 and 12.16, but I was wheel hopping out of the hole. My two 11.9 runs were before 730 pm.

Too many people and the track was shut down for too long.

By the way, I was in the blue Pontiac G8 GXP and I was wondering if anybody may have filmed a race I was in.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by old_goat
I ran 11.95 and 11.96, but didn't break my pb of 11.91. The weather was great, but I agree that the track was poorly prepped. My later runs were 12.15 and 12.16, but I was wheel hopping out of the hole. My two 11.9 runs were before 730 pm.

By the way, I was in the blue Pontiac G8 GXP and I was wondering if anybody may have filmed a race I was in.
i did get a video of you making a pass on my iphone but i think it was one of your 12 sec passes
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by old_goat

Gave you a wave in the pits, but don't think you recognized me. You were turning around.

What a joke last night. Glad I saved my tech card. Hopefully, they will open up Wednesday and Sundays again. Maybe save 1 night a week for slick/drag radial cars only, and up the tech fee. I'd rather pay $50-75 a night to race then to watch 13-16 second cars/trucks drag water down the track, break, and go in to the sand box at the end of the track. It wasn't even fun watching from a spectators view. You can pay $20 a night and get in a few runs. If they upped the price, you could probably get in 4X's the runs, and get your moneys worth of what you would pay going 4 times and waiting in those lines night after night.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Gave you a wave in the pits, but don't think you recognized me. You were turning around.

What a joke last night. Glad I saved my tech card. Hopefully, they will open up Wednesday and Sundays again. Maybe save 1 night a week for slick/drag radial cars only, and up the tech fee. I'd rather pay $50-75 a night to race then to watch 13-16 second cars/trucks drag water down the track, break, and go in to the sand box at the end of the track. It wasn't even fun watching from a spectators view. You can pay $20 a night and get in a few runs. If they upped the price, you could probably get in 4X's the runs, and get your moneys worth of what you would pay going 4 times and waiting in those lines night after night.
Well my DD falls in the 13 second class. I go around the water box though. I agree though with the paying more money part. It would keep a lot of the junk off the track. It would help a whole lot if they had a system down for the cars in line.

This Friday I came in of the street went to tech and got in line. Iwent to lane 3 wich had 3 cars in it at 7:30 ish. Lane 1 and 2 were full. As soon as I pulled up they pulled cars from lane 3. I made my pass and got right back in line. Lane 3 again and drove past all the cars in lane 1 and 2. They pulled lane 3 again before 1-2. Those cars were in line before I got there and I got there and I got 2 passes in before them.

I was in the white 5th gen with no stripes. I had traction issues with mine to. It has hooked much better on the same tire (stock) before. They could use some pit rules to!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by winters97gt
No doubt I would pay a premium to run with fewer cars. It would be cool if we could make some plans way in advance and get a bunch of us here and other forums like Camaro5, the G8 boards, Vette forums and rent the track for a day.

One thing that really bothered me was the amount of beer bottles in the lanes. All it takes is for someone to run over a bottle, and flatten a tire to ruin a night.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Glad to see people did break some pb's...I did notice the right lane was hooking better than the left it seemed like. I did pick up 2mph i'm assumimg due to the colder weather versus running in the summer. Whats up old goat nice running g8 thnx for the tips on the goat!!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tikiman12
Yeah, my buddy just the new record for bolt on only 5th gen

11.69 @118
Thats pretty damn sick I know a few 5.0 guys who prob wouldn't like hearing that lol. What mods? Congrats to him!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PBMGTO
Thats pretty damn sick I know a few 5.0 guys who prob wouldn't like hearing that lol. What mods? Congrats to him!
here is the video I recorded of his run.. he actually ran that on 1/6/11 and his mods are in the description under the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Oef...efAUAAAAAAABAA

and this past friday he ran a new best of 11.60 @ 119
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Niceee....makes me mad I couldnt hook I think the cold weather played a part. Cold less dense air equals more power but less traction. Definitely going back prepared...drag bags and stickier tires.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to see people did break some pb's...I did notice the right lane was hooking better than the left it seemed like. I did pick up 2mph i'm assumimg due to the colder weather versus running in the summer. Whats up old goat nice running g8 thnx for the tips on the goat!!
You know what, several passes i've had in the left lane I never hook! Just about always hook in the right lane. I think thats the lane to be in for some reason. No idea why but I have yet to have luck in the left lane

I ran 2 times friday and didnt hook at all. I added LCA brackets and arms and wanted to try them out so I put them on friday afternoon and drove out there. Disappointing since the DA was -1800 ft! Figured i'd get a new best for sure but just didnt happen. If its similar air next week I'll go again, but i'm drivin in the right lane and lowering tire pressure abit more than usual.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Angry

I was there and saw OLD_GOAT and PBMGTO, in four hours I only got two runs in. My best was a terrible 13.7X @ 111.96 with a 2.9 60, definitely not my personal best. I was hoping to get into the 12's but it may not be possible on street tires (I drive around the water) and my crappy driving.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

My new drag radials won't hook in this weather and lack of track prep. I'll be heading back out with the slicks and skinnies to c what the car will do in the cold. I can walk it out on the NT05's but any thing more and it just blows them away. I second bringing back another track day. The Sunday afternoon program rocked. I guess we could run the bracket series, but you don't get many time trails running it either.

The 5th Gen is moving out for a bolt on car. Did any one see the blk Mustang with the plates thta read Bad 4.6 it runs hard 9.8s at 140's on drag radials.