CANCER STRIKES again! My best friend of 25 years is victim

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy CANCER STRIKES again! My best friend of 25 years is victim

Well guys, not really sure how to type this, as I can barely think and see straight. Sleep has been few and far between, stress to the worst degree.
I recently found out my best friend, classmate and basically a brother to me for over 25 years has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. His body is already covered with this crap

It started by him having ongoing knee issues, so he goes to the Dr. and they do an X-Ray MRI. Immediately there was concern for a spot on his left leg, above the knee that was giving him paint. Well, after examination by a few Drs. of the MRI, they decided to do a "PETSCAN" (sp)? This MRI basically covers the entire body to look for possible signs of cancer anywhere else in the body, and to reconfirm what was originally seen in his thigh. Well, after this scan he was diagnosed as having cancer in his left shoulder, his kidneys, his lungs, his spine, his left knee, and his thigh. He has progressively gone downhill fast and the stresses upon his wife,kids, and myself is intolerable! I'm sure some of you can relate if you'd been in any situation even close. IT F'n sux!

I've started an internet family donation fund for his family to help with bills, food, and all other expenses including medical. The reason I am doing this, as well as local benefits, is that other than being there daily for him and the financials I can help with, I want to ensure his remaining quality of life is not affected by lack of money. I don't want his wife to worry about the bills, mortgage, anything period until she is able to do so on her own accord. His parents are local and have both been working few hours so they can be beside him to accomodate him through this.

Honesly, I really hate to even ask this of my LS1Tech family, but I have to pray that it can help like a good karma as I have helped people I don't know personally as well, on this forum and others I frequent.

If any of your are willing to donate even the smallest amount it would be heaven sent.

A little backround on my best friend of 25+ years.........................
CANCER STRIKES again! My best friend of 25 years is victim-cueball-flyer.png
Trinity Jason Weaver AKA ( CUEBALL) is going to be 38 years old this April. This is the kind of friend we all wanted to have as a kid. We grew up in the same area, went to the same school. We chased girls through Junior High as well as played football through Junior High into our Junior year. We both were Car Nuts from the get go, so that was a natural click! We've spent years as awesome friends and in the early days, everyone knew where one of us was, the other was likely there as well. Even our girlfriends knew if we were to be found, just look for the other.
He got his nickname of (CUEBALL) for 2 reasons. Reason 1 was he had an unfortunate balding of hair that was genetic and at 16 he had lost a bit up top. Well, immediately after graduation we convinced him to quit covering up with hats all the time and shave it bald! Well, he has shaved his head daily for the past 20 years! Reason 2 was his being all but born on a pool table. He grew up with a pool table in the house as well as being at local bars with his POPS hustling pool. Shooting Pool is his favorite pass time! For years, his world revolved around pool tournaments across Central Texas. He loved that as much as his women I think. Until he met one about 12 years ago that maked him stop in his tracks and fall in love! Monica, his wife, has been beside him in good and bad, sickness and health since day one. Their children grew up to be great kids and parents and are very supportive to this day! He has been the guy most guys hope to be. A happy family, loving children, and his best bud are all he needed in life. Well, all except for his "HOT ROD" His 1973 Buick Electra 225 2 door Limited. It was his grandparents car since new and Jason would always tell stories of him going to the
Drive- in movies and him sitting in the package tray in the back window layed out across watching the movie. ( To those not sure of what a 73' Buick Electra 225 2 door look like, it resembles a Cadillac, longer than a Suburban by a foot, has 455 CI of Buick Big Block, and rides like a boat on the ocean.)
At 15 years old we'd go to the pool halls with his Grandparents in the hopes while we played pool, they'd get hammered enough to let him drive " THE DUECE" home that night. Often enough it happened and the smile and look in his eyes when he got to drive that 23 foot long beast was a memory I'll never forget. I am planning to do a quick but nice restore to this same car for him in the VERY NEAR future as I know that would make his day for sure and he is no longer able to do the work.
Family is priority to Jason and he always makes sure everyone is having a good time at family get togethers. He was often the one other family members went to talk to about issues within the family for his advice on how to solve it without chaos. His kids growing up never had to think twice whether their dad would be at a game, or play, or whatever he'd be expected to attend. His goal was to never let anyone down. In taking that goal in life and excercising for many years, he's grown to be respected and cherished not only with family, but as his career as an electrician.

I'd keep adding more, but this had taken me a couple hours just to say a few things about this man, my buddy! This is very hard for me and the reason I haven't been to active on the forum as of late. This forum has been like a family to me and many others here, and when we have to deal with personal issues closer to home, you feel as if you neglect your LS1Tech family and believe me, that's just not the case. I just don't have that time lately due to lack of sleep and stress that has been over my head. Some of you, most I've never even met, had called or texted me asking if all was good. That's when you know you have friends and family on this forum. A simple difference in something other than lack of posting was noticed by yall and I appreciate that. That means more than you know, guys!

If any of you would like to donate to help out please send a PAYPAL to
transam75@hotmail.com or

CHECK/MONEY ORDER to JASON or MONICA WEAVER
2224 Skyline
Waco, Tx 76710
Thanks again for reading this and any donations you may find in your heart to help a great guy and his family.

Scott Forman AKA FSTR/TA

Last edited by FSTR/TA; 01-19-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about that. I have a customer who just lost his wife from Leukemia. She was diagnosed with it in September and died on Saturday. She was 23 years old and left behind her husband and three small children.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. They really need do a better job informing people about the ways to try and prevent cancer, as well as asking money for various research programs. It is widely thought now that tumors feed off of sugar, and that the more sugar you have in your blood the higher the risk of you developing a tumor. Sugar-free is the way to go for all products that you consume, using an alternative such as Stevia or Splenda. Also, maintain a good diet, exercise, keep yourself as lean as possible and drink plenty of water.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend! Cancer is a bitch, and I really hope that someday they will find a cure or a drug that will prevent tumors from forming in the body.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys and I appreciate the support. This is so sudden and such BS. I'm thinking most any other form of dying has got to be better. Watching someone slowly deteriorate sucks
Old 01-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Banned

There is only about a 15% survival rate of this cancer. From what I hear, it's a real bitch and goes undetected up until it's just about too late. I read an article that said eating processed meats increases the chances of getting by 19% and smoking increases the chances by about 75%.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear and my prayers goes out to him and his Family, I just lost a good friend of mine two weeks ago from the same thing,he was in his early 60's and he was diagnost in August of last year, and the chemo was the hardest for him and he couldn't make it thru. I will make a donation for his Family.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tripps
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. They really need do a better job informing people about the ways to try and prevent cancer, as well as asking money for various research programs. It is widely thought now that tumors feed off of sugar, and that the more sugar you have in your blood the higher the risk of you developing a tumor. Sugar-free is the way to go for all products that you consume, using an alternative such as Stevia or Splenda. Also, maintain a good diet, exercise, keep yourself as lean as possible and drink plenty of water.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend! Cancer is a bitch, and I really hope that someday they will find a cure or a drug that will prevent tumors from forming in the body.
What about the sugars found in certain vegitables and most fruits?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your friend. Definitely sucks... All the best to everybody.

My mom beat colon rectal cancer a couple of years ago. Everything was good until about 8 months ago when her doctor found a spot in her left lung which turned out to be a remote cell from the previous one she already beat.

So..., more treatments it is again. So far so good. Still sucks, though...
Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your friend... I know first hand what he is going threw.. I beat cancer ( going 2 yrs now). Hope he beats it to and has a quick recovery...I will keep him in my prayers..
Old 01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear man, im sure with in the week i can make somekind of donation, i will say a prayer for him and his fam,
Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thesource
What about the sugars found in certain vegitables and most fruits?
Everything is OK in moderation. You just don't want your blood saturated with sugar.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Badass pool player

Sent you a PM, but wanted to let you know that I also went ahead and posted this on a national billiards forum I'm a member of ....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...10#post3409210

There's some good people there and I know they'll help out as well.

Please tell your friend that he and his family are in my thoughts.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28_n_tx
Sorry to hear about your friend... I know first hand what he is going threw.. I beat cancer ( going 2 yrs now). Hope he beats it to and has a quick recovery...I will keep him in my prayers..

Man it's awesome to hear your story! Really gives me hope and the strength to remain positive. Thank You!
Originally Posted by poolfanatic
Sent you a PM, but wanted to let you know that I also went ahead and posted this on a national billiards forum I'm a member of ....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...10#post3409210

There's some good people there and I know they'll help out as well.

Please tell your friend that he and his family are in my thoughts.

Thanks so much man. That really means the world to me that you took upon yourself to spread this to other forums. From them as well as I, we are grateful for all everyone has done by donations as well as prayer.
Scott
Old 01-17-2012, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott, I am sorry to hear about your longtime friend.

Sadly, I can relate. I lost a great college friend back in 2010 from Pancreatic Cancer. He left behind (2) very young daughters and a loving wife. He was 31. Having PC strike at such a young age is tragic and very saddening. He was one of the greatest and funniest guys that I have known. He may have acted tough on the outside,but he was a very kind hearted guy.

I certainly wish your friend the best during this difficult time. He is in my prayers.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
Scott, I am sorry to hear about your longtime friend.

Sadly, I can relate. I lost a great college friend back in 2010 from Pancreatic Cancer. He left behind (2) very young daughters and a loving wife. He was 31. Having PC strike at such a young age is tragic and very saddening. He was one of the greatest and funniest guys that I have known. He may have acted tough on the outside,but he was a very kind hearted guy.

I certainly wish your friend the best during this difficult time. He is in my prayers.

Thanks B! Been a long time man, sad to meet again in this thread.
I appreciate your prayers bud.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

On top of what you are already doing keep positive all the time especially around your buddy - seems like a great guy. Sorry about your friend.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by projectX
On top of what you are already doing keep positive all the time especially around your buddy - seems like a great guy. Sorry about your friend.
Thanks for the kind words bro. It is really hard to stay strong..
Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Bump for the cause
Old 01-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear about your friend and my prayers goes out to him and his Family, donation will be made later this week
Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear about your brother. As crazy as it sounds, keeping a positive attitude and living every day like your last is the best medicine imho. My father has survived four different cancers and was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer - the doc gave him less than 5yrs to live and my father laughed. Tell your friend to keep his head up and he'll do just fine

Quick Reply: CANCER STRIKES again! My best friend of 25 years is victim