flycutting pistons

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default flycutting pistons

Looking to see if anyone has a way to fly cut pistons, the engine is on the stand and will be easy but I called Lindy tools and they said a couple weeks for a cutter......I have 2.08/1.60 valves and if anyone has a cutter I can buy or borrow for a couple night let me know how much. I'm in the DFW area
Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

LG used to rent them out or you can take them the shortblock and they will do it for you. It was pretty cheap when i called about it a few years ago.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id did mine with an old head and some sand paper this summer. do u know how to do it with all the measurements? i looked everywhere online trying to find someone to show me but nothing. i ended up figuring it out myself...good luck
Old 04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I called him back this morning and told him what I needed because for some reason when I called a few days ago I told him something different than what I needed.???? I'm a dumbass sometimes, he said it will be made and shipped today! I have to admit the guy is awesome to talk to, talked to me for close to 30 minutes before I had to get my *** back to work. I let y'all know how it turns out in the next couple of days.