Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice work sir, keep it up.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:12 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

The engine bay is proving to be a real challenge, and anyone brave enough to tackle a job like this deserves major kudos. It's kickin my ***, so it's not much. But it's coming along at an alarming slow rate. Here's a bit though.

I've been trying to get as much knocked out as possible for a cheaply as possible since I've got my little girl coming in 8 weeks. Fear not, I'm not skimping out on anything though. I contacted the Merv and had him convert my ls harness to plug and play for my car being a 97. Major props to the merv for tackling this. It came back looking good, but since I wanted to cover it in powerbraid I had it left unloomed so I could wrap it up with powerbraid. The power braid is on order and should be here this week, so I'll have it wrapped up and on the motor in no time. For now this is what it looks like. Picture courtousy of the Merv.

I haven't been completely out of work to do though. I managed to get the majority of my complete engine bay wire tuck out of the way. Made my fuse box, ignition coil, bcm, and Ecu mounting setup as well ground and power studs for accessory power and ground. It may not be the cleanest, but it should do the job no problem. And it's behind the dash, lol. I've still gotta extend my headlight, running, and blinker wires as well as fan wiring, but the dash is in and the car "works!"

On another topic, a friend of mine had his s2000 hood cut for venting by a "shop" and the results were less than appealing. I ending up completely reworking the cuts and was really ecstatic about the end results. Not my cup of tea, but it looks pretty sweet and is really popular in the s2k scene.

Don't mind the front bumper. He bought the car like that. A stocker is going back on.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:19 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Managed to get some of the wiring for the tuck started. Since the entire engine bay harness/ fuse box is now inside the car. The headlights, blinkers, fogs, and fans have to be extended/ rerouted out of the engine bay. This is the start of all that wiring/ routing. Result will be virtually no wires in the bay except the engine harness.

I also managed to get the engine harness all loomed up in powerbraid. Hardly any of it is visible once installed, the portions that are visible really clean up the look of wiring on an engine vs. the factory loom.

The car will be fully wired in the next week, maybe sooner. Then I've gotta get some elbow grease on the engine bay to get that project complete.

Stay tuned.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:22 PM
scj
TECH Addict

I managed to get the majority of the body harness modification finished. I've just gotta figure out how to wire my fan so it works like factory. The hi/low beam headlights, blinkers, fog lights and running lights are all wired, and functioning correctly after chasing down a couple grimlins it's all working. (I had my blinker wires crossed, the fronts were blinking opposite sides at first lol)
I got it all tied up to the inner fender and looking clean.

On another aspect of clean, I got a couple of hours to rinse off the filth on the car from sanding, and when I go back at it next time I'll cover the car with a plastic drop cloth to prevent having to do this so often. The garage floor got a good cleaning too.

I've gotta wires some extensions for the coil harnesses, a couple wires to having my custom courtousy lighting, and some wiring for my speaker/ amp and I'll be done and pretty burnt out on wires.. More to come. Stay tuned.

Ps. Anyone know what the male/female coil harness plugs are called? I wanna make a plug and play extension rather than cutting and splicing a bunch of wires.

Also, it's about time i put a damn windshield in this thing. 86 handmade windshields...
Old 08-26-2012, 01:23 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Not a whole lot going on lately. But I did do a couple things. I made a hvac block off plate, and radio mount out of plexi glass.

I also managed to get my box wrapped up.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on it here lately.
But progress is progress.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:24 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Picked up some corbeau seat rails to mount my seats to once I order them.
Also snagged a satin stretch car cover to help keep the car alot cleaner.
This thing is awesome. Best investment ive made for a while. It will really do well once the car is painted.

Not a big update, but I'm preparing for my daughters birth here in a week or two, so this build will slowly creep along as money and time permits.

Thanks for those still interested.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doing hell of a job! And congrats on the new baby coming! Hope doesn't slow you down too much, want to see end results!!!

What brand is that car cover? Looks sharp!!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Nice update man!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Teching In

i take it you haven't had time to work on your car????
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn you ram, just got a lot of hopes up..
Old 09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
scj
TECH Addict

All the update I have for now.
Cut and installed my trunk panels around the cage. Still have to do the speaker grills, but those will be a tad harder to measure and cut.

Just little progress lately.

Sorry guys, not a whole lot of time to work on things with my daughter here. Not that it's a bad thing. She's got me wrapped around her finger.

Welcome the newest member of the family. Emma Presley.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Teching In

man, lucky man that you are!!! enjoy her while you can bro case soon she will be walking and talking!!!! and then you'll never have anytime lol !!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 AM
scj
TECH Addict

I haven't made a lot of progress lately, but I've killed a few birds.

I picked up a set of Koni/stranos and got the rears installed. (Don't worry about the panhard, a watts link is going in)

I also took a trip to Dallas and had my t56 built by Jason@texas drivetrain performance. Fresh stage 2+ some other upgrades. I also gave it a fresh coat of paint.

While in dfw I also had to have my roll cage replaced by Wolfe racecraft due to powdercoat issues, so it was removed and replaced with another cage exactly like it without the powdercoat being all messed up. Major props to Dan@ Wolfe racecraft for fixing me up, and taking care of business. Thanks Dan.

The slow of progress is kind of bitter sweet for me. Totally worth it though.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

it is 10-24-12 isn't it? You only have a couple months to get into this year.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

just curious... has anyone donated ? i seen ur sig.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:50 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by txh0tb0i972
just curious... has anyone donated ? i seen ur sig.
Unfortunately the ls1tech community isn't very giving. Not a single donation.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

I see you got up to date!! Congrats on the kiddo and the build is looking good so far.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe i missed it, but what fuel rails are those on the fast? Not a big fan of the red fast rails.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:47 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zamora7
Maybe i missed it, but what fuel rails are those on the fast? Not a big fan of the red fast rails.
They're torrent rails. I bought them from hinsonsupercars.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:20 PM
scj
TECH Addict

I haven't had much time or money to work on the car much less buy any parts. I managed to buy and install an improved racing oil pan baffle. Should be a trick little piece and should really help on the track.

Despite the lack of cash flow and free time i picked up a set of black suede corbeau forza seats for a Christmas present for myself. I love these seats. Fit, form, function is all there. And a great price.

Quick Reply: SINISTER build (update 2/8/13)