Anyone work for Dallas PD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone work for Dallas PD?

Just wondering because I live in Georgia and heard that the Dallas PD is holding intetviews this weekend in Atlanta. Im going to go and see what they have to say. I wouldnt mind a change in scenery.

I have heard of states going to boardering states to hire officers but nothing like this, are yall that short on officers? If not whats the deal?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

I guess DPD is lowering their standards even more J/K.... I heard a while back they were having a hard time filling their academy classes, don't know if that is still the case. I think its pretty competitive up there, they have to compete with Arlington PD etc...
Old 05-02-2012, 02:47 PM

Wish that's what it was like in jersey.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to find anyone who can pass their standards.
Ain't enough saints to fill open officer positions
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Saints that drive drunk, shooting there gun on the highway with weed in the car is not my idea of saints lol. DPD is far from saint hood....
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IROCSS
Saints that drive drunk, shooting there gun on the highway with weed in the car is not my idea of saints lol. DPD is far from saint hood....
in a department that large, there are bound to be bad seeds that get through. there are plenty of good DPD officers, i know a few former ones.

but to the OP, i dont know about the DPD going to other states looking.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Teching In

I used to work for DPD, its an alright deparment. I worked DPD for 2 years and I quit. Came back to San Antonio to work small town but had to quit for good cause of my back finally giving out. I know some peeps that left DPD cause the department is now really really strict with their policys now. So now if you fart you get suspended. I used to work my *** off their and then was told to slow down cause im harassing people, but when I looked at my stats for my beat, crime was down 70% when I took it over. I was on my burglars asses and making sure that crack heads werent breaking into your cars and houses. But its tough now cause everyone doesn't love cops, sooo im in college for engineering now.

Last edited by mendozals1; 05-02-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mendozals1
I used to work for DPD, its an alright deparment. I worked DPD for 2 years and I quit. Came back to San Antonio to work small town but had to quit for good cause of my back finally giving out. I know some peeps that left DPD cause the department is now really really strict with their policys now. So now if you fart you get suspended. I used to work my *** off their and then was told to slow down cause im harassing people, but when I looked at my stats for my beat, crime was down 70% when I took it over. I was on my burglars asses and making sure that crack heads werent breaking into your cars and houses. But its tough now cause everyone doesn't love cops, sooo im in college for engineering now.
Huh, a former cop gone college student for engineering. Don't hear about that too often, how old are you if I may ask? Did you have to do college to become a cop?
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Teching In

A lot of the larger agencies recruit nationwide now because of extreme shortages.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by IROCSS
Funny you say that. My neighbor got a DUI in Forney. He works for DPD. Ive also seen him wave his gun around. Thought he was shining a flash light at us one night when he was messing with us. Turns out his pistol has a light on it.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

wow, thats nuts to me that there are shortages of police officers. in massachusetts, most towns have multi-year long waiting lists to become a police officer... especially the state police.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by S1LV3R
Funny you say that. My neighbor got a DUI in Forney. He works for DPD. Ive also seen him wave his gun around. Thought he was shining a flash light at us one night when he was messing with us. Turns out his pistol has a light on it.

LOL note to self if you see him with a flash light run like a ****
Old 05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a friend of mine got hired on to DPD when he came was discharged from the marines. his "home" was here in the houston area and wanted to get hired on with HPD but HPD was bull shittin with him and he was told that dallas NEEDED cops bad so he went up there for a day and they pretty much said they wanted him on the spot. he moved to dallas like 2 weeks later.

i know HPD does hire someone that lives out of a 200 mile radius of houston within the past 2 years.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Huh, a former cop gone college student for engineering. Don't hear about that too often, how old are you if I may ask? Did you have to do college to become a cop?
I'm 28 and no college needed for a cop. Some agencies require college and some don't. I wanted to be SAPD back in 2007 but they bullshited me around and i went to Dallas Pd cause they were hiring like a mother. I love being a cop but now a days its not worth it cause people that run the city or big wigs don't give a rats *** about the guys, its all about looking good and getting paid. I was a cop cause I loved kicking peoples *** that deserved it, ie car jackers burglars and others that fucked up peoples way of life. But other than that I didnt give **** about the little stuff. But now I got to many miles on my body from the Marine Corps and being a cop, so i had to give it up and get a college degree.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thinks for all the info guys. My interview is this sunday so ill let yall know how it goes.

As far as the requirements for DPD its the normal 21 years of age, no felonies etc. Also something I have never seen a deapartment require is you must have at least 45 credit hours of college, which I have my AAS in Crinimal Justice so I have nothing to worry about on that part.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by atrain59
Thinks for all the info guys. My interview is this sunday so ill let yall know how it goes.

As far as the requirements for DPD its the normal 21 years of age, no felonies etc. Also something I have never seen a deapartment require is you must have at least 45 credit hours of college, which I have my AAS in Crinimal Justice so I have nothing to worry about on that part.
Just remember this, being a cop is not easy, just remember that people are trying to kill you because of what you do, live by that paranoia and you will live to see another day. Trust me, I worked midnight to 8 am for 2 years in Dallas and i was challenged every night.

Quick Reply: Anyone work for Dallas PD?