Inspection question..(couldn't find it in the search)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Inspection question..(couldn't find it in the search)

know this has more than likely been asked before, but here it goes since I couldn't find it.

Ok, so my truck is registered in a NON emissions county, and my address on my License is the same county as the truck's registered seeing it's still my mailing address... however I'm in need of an inspection and am currently in an Emissions part of the state.... does the county of registration play into factor if it's inspected up here? or am I stuck paying the $50 or so emissions inspection crap?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to go back to your registered county to get the non emissions sticker. However, I think you can go to another non emissions county if its closer. Don't quote me on that. I'd call the DPS.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

My permanent residence was in Harris Couny (emissions checked) but I was allowed to get an inspection done in a non-emissions county while I was living at school. That was several years ago though and I think the rules changed since then.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was always under the impression that where the vehicle is registered, It has to get inspected in the same county. But I have been known to be wrong before.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

only ask because I won't be able to go home till Saturday or Monday, and the city I'm staying in are ticket *****
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

With address documentation you can go to any non-emmissions county in the state and get a sticker. But any inspection station in an emmissions county cannot even perform a non-emmissions inspection irregardless of where the vehicle and owner are from.

Vernon