Pricing advice needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Pricing advice needed!!

I have a 98 camaro ss that has been sitting since 2008. Long story short, back in 08 a spring broke in the drivers side head and the valve hit the piston. At the time I was unsure what I wanted to do with the car so it ended up just sitting there. Within the last year and a half I decided to go ahead and swap out the motor so I purchased an ls6 out of a ctsv. (ls6 has 45k on it) I have not had time to complete the swap, and the car continues to sit there. I am looking to sell the car and the ls6 motor, but I have no clue what a fair price would be. I don’t want to part the car out, and I would like to sell everything together. To the best of my knowledge the car has in the neighborhood of 118,000 miles on it. I had mti put in an x1 cam, sub frame connectors , an ls6 intake, mti throttle body, 3.73 gears, lt headers, and tune the car. This was done in 06, and the car had 91,000 miles on it. The car then went to Century automotive so they could rebuild the transmission with their stage 3 transmission package. They also put in a Yank 3600 torque converter, and replaced the ac system at the time. As the car sits now, the front clip is off of the car and the radiator and various other parts have been removed. I still have everything just removed them when I started the swap. Again I am trying to figure out a fair price for everything that I have, any help would be greatly appreciated. Almost forgot the one thing I no longer have is the long tube headers. I will have pics up soon.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Your gonna have to be a little more specific about the car, especially the body. I've seen cars with 118k mi that look clean as hell and I've seen 118k mi cars that look like garbage. Other factors that matter:

-Condition of rear end
-Any problems mechanically or electrically other than the fact that the original motor was trashed
-Clean and Clear IN YOUR NAME
-Paperwork on the mods, motor, and tranny work
-Condition of interior
-Condition of wheels/tires
-Any other mods other than what was mentioned
-Any leaks of any kind
-Specs on the cam
-Any problems with the cam (or AC) for daily driving

Also, any reason why the mileage listed is "To the best of your knowledge"?

Dont mean to beat you up, but almost anyone who wants to buy your car unless they plan to buy it as a project and dont really care about the condition are going to ask you questions on the items above.

With that said, assuming the car is in running condition, with the mods/motor you listed, and has the kind of wear you would expect from a car that is 14 years old or better, I'd say you could probably get around $6k-$7k give or take. The more info you can provide or verify, the better your chances of getting that amount. Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

does it still have the stock motor in it, is the stock motor trashed or just have a valve imprint, how far along is the swap, what color, is every thing there to put it back together (all parts, bolts, ect)
Old 06-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigpat501
does it still have the stock motor in it, is the stock motor trashed or just have a valve imprint, how far along is the swap, what color, is every thing there to put it back together (all parts, bolts, ect)
Yes the stock motor is still in it, the motor does not appear to be trashed, there just seems to be a valve imprint. The front clip is off the car and the radiator has been pulled, all the parts with the exception of the hoses are there to put it back together. The car is black with grey leather interior.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hiram007
Your gonna have to be a little more specific about the car, especially the body. I've seen cars with 118k mi that look clean as hell and I've seen 118k mi cars that look like garbage. Other factors that matter:

-Condition of rear end
-Any problems mechanically or electrically other than the fact that the original motor was trashed
-Clean and Clear IN YOUR NAME
-Paperwork on the mods, motor, and tranny work
-Condition of interior
-Condition of wheels/tires
-Any other mods other than what was mentioned
-Any leaks of any kind
-Specs on the cam
-Any problems with the cam (or AC) for daily driving

Also, any reason why the mileage listed is "To the best of your knowledge"?
The exterior and interior are in good condition. The rear end is fine,the fuel pump seemed to be on its way out at the time, but everything else was working well.i do have receipts from mti as well as century automotive. The rims have some curb rash and the tires are shot. No other mods that I can think of. The reason I can't get the actual mileage is because the car is partially apart and the battery was dead from the car sitting so long, I just had to recall it to the best of my ability.