I知 going to Houston what's fun to do??

Old 06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I知 going to Houston what's fun to do??

Ok I知 going to Houston the week of the 25th.. I need some fun things to do with my family.... and also some good places to eat.

It's that time of year again lol

I did this last time and got a lot of good ideas and did as many of them as I could. I'm not just asking for fun... I will try and do as many as I can do with my family and post up about it.

The post I did when I went to Austin..
https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...ts-fun-do.html
Old 06-12-2012, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could go to the battleship Texas, or go to the pleasure pier in galveston, the beach, museums of natural science and kids museum(milf alert), or the zoo. All are very fun family friendly things
Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

stay indoors... its too hot
Old 06-12-2012, 02:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 70hemicuda
you could go to the battleship Texas, or go to the pleasure pier in galveston, the beach, museums of natural science and kids museum(milf alert), or the zoo. All are very fun family friendly things
battleship Texas -- Sounds cool
Pleasure pier in galveston, ---I've been to galveston a few times but that doesn't sound like a place I've been will check it out.

The beach, --- On the list
Museums of natural science and kids museum(milf alert), --Is this by the Space center??
Zoo --- I didn't even think about that.. Might try that out... How long does it take to see everything there??? Full day half day??

Any good place to eat??? Breakfast, Lunch and dinner..
Old 06-12-2012, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
stay indoors... its too hot
I'm a outdoors person I love the heat!! My wife might not like it that much but we have fun..

Last edited by SSHAWK; 06-12-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Isn't Austin Auflick in Houston? If so, get some more pics of his car. Or at least go see it in person and tell us all how badass it really is. Next time I go to Houston his car is on my list.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

I think the museums are more inner houston, where as the space stuff is in clear lake webster area. As for food, Clear lake has a lot of restaurants. Stuff down town gets pricey. Try a haunted place like the spaghetti warehouse or something fun like that. Zoo can take an hour or all day. Its really up to you
Old 06-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

You should try the boardwalk in kemah. It's about 30 minutes from Houston.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Boardwalk x2 kids will love it.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 70hemicuda
I think the museums are more inner houston, where as the space stuff is in clear lake webster area. As for food, Clear lake has a lot of restaurants. Stuff down town gets pricey. Try a haunted place like the spaghetti warehouse or something fun like that. Zoo can take an hour or all day. Its really up to you
We have a spaghetti warehouse here in Dallas unless there's something special with this one in Houston. I might check out the Zoo's website..

As far as food price let me know what's the best... I don't care if it's hole in the wall place or pricey place.

Originally Posted by bluebird00
You should try the boardwalk in kemah. It's about 30 minutes from Houston.
I will read up on this .. Thanks!!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Boardwalk - Kemah
Pleasure Pier - Galveston
Moody Gradens - Galveston
Museums & Zoo - Between the Med Center and Downtown
San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site - La Porte

free museum dates and some discounts

Lankfords Grocery for some burgers. They don't have long hours so you might want to plan in advance for this.

Last edited by 5w20; 06-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lanksfords grocery for a burger. But i actually prefer another place, in all of houston snd durrounding i will go to this place called fish n burger. Its in da hood. Sunnyside on da MLK. Best angus burger in all of houston imo. Its a burger shack type place, no real sitting or even public restroom. More of a order to go or order pickup. I got there no. On my contacts.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NemeSS
Lanksfords grocery for a burger. But i actually prefer another place, in all of houston snd durrounding i will go to this place called fish n burger. Its in da hood. Sunnyside on da MLK. Best angus burger in all of houston imo. Its a burger shack type place, no real sitting or even public restroom. More of a order to go or order pickup. I got there no. On my contacts.
Don't send him to sunnyside. He won't want to visit Houston ever again.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5w20
Don't send him to sunnyside. He won't want to visit Houston ever again.
For good food I will go just about anywhere..
Old 06-12-2012, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NemeSS
Sounds like I need to try both..
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5w20
Boardwalk - Kemah
Pleasure Pier - Galveston
Moody Gradens - Galveston
Museums & Zoo - Between the Med Center and Downtown
San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site - La Porte

free museum dates and some discounts

Lankfords Grocery for some burgers. They don't have long hours so you might want to plan in advance for this.
Thanks for the info and the links that's awesome. The citypass is the way to go.. 5 things to do and for one price might be something to do everyday. Plus with all the other things that have been listed.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
We have a spaghetti warehouse here in Dallas unless there's something special with this one in Houston. I might check out the Zoo's website..

As far as food price let me know what's the best... I don't care if it's hole in the wall place or pricey place.

I will read up on this .. Thanks!!
Oh there is something special about the one in Houston. It sucks ***! I think its supposedly "haunted" if u go upstairs.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Pleasure pier Galveston will have something for the kids plus plenty of food options. Can be made in to a a lot day event.
Boardwalk in kemah is something fun for the wife and kids as well. Carnival rides and games and plenty of restaurants.
Museum district has many options from art and science to WWII stuff. Also have the zoo nearby so it can be meshed together in a full day adventure.
Food options are pretty much open it just depends on if you want fine dining, a friendly atmosphere or a quick Burger or whatever.
Also might want to consider a brewery tour if you and the lady get some alone time.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want good seafood, skip the boardwalk and head a little farther south to San Leon and eat at Top Water Grill. You wont want seafood from anyplace else. P.M. me with your phone number and I could meet you there as I live just a couple of miles from the place.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tata
Pleasure pier Galveston will have something for the kids plus plenty of food options. Can be made in to a a lot day event.
Boardwalk in kemah is something fun for the wife and kids as well. Carnival rides and games and plenty of restaurants.
Museum district has many options from art and science to WWII stuff. Also have the zoo nearby so it can be meshed together in a full day adventure.
Food options are pretty much open it just depends on if you want fine dining, a friendly atmosphere or a quick Burger or whatever.
Also might want to consider a brewery tour if you and the lady get some alone time.
Yeah with the citypass "5w20" posted up looks like I'm going to do a lot of the things you listed.. As for food ... I want to try as much as possible. I want to try the hole in the wall places and some nice dinning.. So if you know of any good place to get breakfast post up!! Looks like I have some places for lunch and one place for dinner so far.

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
If you want good seafood, skip the boardwalk and head a little farther south to San Leon and eat at Top Water Grill. You wont want seafood from anyplace else. P.M. me with your phone number and I could meet you there as I live just a couple of miles from the place.
Sounds like a plan for dinner one night.. I will PM you my cell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I知 going to Houston what's fun to do??