West Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Texas

Anyone around the area?

Kind of new on here... havent been on an LS forum on several years. was always on LS2 when it was still alive. always searched and mingled through here, just never posted.

im currently in Odessa, just curious if many people were on here around this area...
Old 07-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

Way back in school we used to hit 42nd to Andrews hwy and down towards sonic then back around. That was LONG ago
Old 07-08-2012, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Check out http://abileneracing.forumcity.com/ A few of my buddies run that site
Old 07-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by derrickman05
Way back in school we used to hit 42nd to Andrews hwy and down towards sonic then back around. That was LONG ago
think it was last year, they had a "reunion" and a bunch of nice cars came out to "cruise the drag" lol
Old 07-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by boofthese
Check out http://abileneracing.forumcity.com/ A few of my buddies run that site
looked on there a few times, never joined. used to live in abilene as well for about 4 years. stioll have a couple friends there. we also have a local forum rowdyrides.com
Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

The "drag" was awesome back in mid 80s-mid 90s. Now you have to many people who think a car club sticker with a loud exhaust is fast. Or spray the snot out if it. Sorry in my teenage years we had the pit and the turn around points to chill. Most sites out there talk trash. It isnt for gear heads. Ive seen the sonic on JBS parkway with some nice rides. Most gearheads get together for cars and coffee now. Seen a nice parade of Vettes going thru Austin and some Vintage Pro Street cars in San Marcos this past weekend. Reminded me of Scooter Hamptons blown Camaro back in my day. I usually go back there on my days off. My TA is kinda beat up now but still runs strong. Anyway Im from Odessa and visit tech often.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tillery
The "drag" was awesome back in mid 80s-mid 90s. Now you have to many people who think a car club sticker with a loud exhaust is fast. Or spray the snot out if it. Sorry in my teenage years we had the pit and the turn around points to chill. Most sites out there talk trash. It isnt for gear heads. Ive seen the sonic on JBS parkway with some nice rides. Most gearheads get together for cars and coffee now. Seen a nice parade of Vettes going thru Austin and some Vintage Pro Street cars in San Marcos this past weekend. Reminded me of Scooter Hamptons blown Camaro back in my day. I usually go back there on my days off. My TA is kinda beat up now but still runs strong. Anyway Im from Odessa and visit tech often.
Me and you maybe crossed paths way back then.. I was living in Midland in the 80's-90's... I remember Scooter was the guy to beat in Odessa. Oh the good ole days....
Old 07-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Teching In

I run AbileneRacingForum. Don't do much out your way only time is when we do our annual Abilene vs Lubbock
Old 07-08-2012, 10:58 PM
12 Second Club

Probably. Back then I had a 80 camaro with a stout 406 small block. Would hang at one energy square or at sound connection. Waiting to run at nine mile or fairgrounds rd in midland. Hearing Penwell reopening was sweet. Used to be a NHRA track bringing in top fuelers.

Quick Reply: West Texas