LS lovers football pot

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS lovers football pot

I am selling squares for my superbowl football pot , and the final score winner is going to win my LS powered Kona jet boat . Squares are $135 , 1st and 3rd win $1250 , half wins $1500 . Final score wins the boat . Final score only .
THe boat is a newly finished project that took a year to build including a complete rebuild with new paint , new wiring , new gauges , new fuel system , fresh LS conversion , everything was redone . PM me here , or contact me on my cell 281-871-8307 .

Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Teching In

OH yeah , anyone who sells 15 squares for me gets a free square
Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ohhhh enticing........oh what the hell, count me in...

Last edited by GreatWhiteZ28; 11-30-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thats a rad boat.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Thanks man , I really have enjoyed it . It is just time for me to move on and finish my next boat and this one is in need of a new home .
Old 11-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Oh yeah , I forgot to mention , the boat is located at my shop in Crosby Tx and interested parties are welcome to give me a call to setup a time to meet me and have a look at the boat in person
Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Teching In

OK , since it has been asked and it seems that some people might actually be interested in what I am doing I will share some information on the subject .

The State of Texas laws on the subject of football pots as I understand them say that they are legal only if there is no profit made off of the pot by the person running the pot , or if at least 10% of the proceeds goes to charity . I really don't think I am making a profit off of the pot , because I am selling the boat for a fair price . But just to be sure that I am staying well within the law I am donating 10% of the proceeds of the pot to my personal favorite charity , Autism Speaks . I have long been a big fan of this particular group because they do so much to advocate for the needs of children and adults with autism in public schools , higher education , with medical coverage , and in the work force as adults . As the parent of a child with autism I am always watching the politics of what is going on behind the scenes with legislation that greatly effects my child's medical coverage , as well as her rights in the school setting , and Autism Speaks has always been a great resource to help keep people informed .
Old 12-01-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do individuals pick there squares? Are you going to make a copy and post it and keep it updated with each individual that buys in?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Teching In

The grid is numbered from 1 to 100 starting at the top left corner . The person buying the square can either meet up with me or they can choose a number over the phone or email . Once all the squares are full I will setup a time for drawing the numbers at a local bar or restaraunt , any one that wants to come participate is welcome . Numbers will be drawn by whoever shows up . Once the grid is complete with numbers and everything then I will fax or email copies to everyone involved in the pot . If people want to know how many squares are left after they buy a square they can just give me a call or send an email and I will let them know what all numbers are still available . For people actively selling squares for me I am in constant contact with them as squares sell . Once they sell 15 squares they get a free square for themselves . If there are any questions you can call me or text me on my cell phone at 281-871-8307 . If anyone wants to come see the boat and meet me in person they can contact me to arrange a time to come by .
Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by spd500
OK , since it has been asked and it seems that some people might actually be interested in what I am doing I will share some information on the subject .

The State of Texas laws on the subject of football pots as I understand them say that they are legal only if there is no profit made off of the pot by the person running the pot , or if at least 10% of the proceeds goes to charity . I really don't think I am making a profit off of the pot , because I am selling the boat for a fair price . But just to be sure that I am staying well within the law I am donating 10% of the proceeds of the pot to my personal favorite charity , Autism Speaks . I have long been a big fan of this particular group because they do so much to advocate for the needs of children and adults with autism in public schools , higher education , with medical coverage , and in the work force as adults . As the parent of a child with autism I am always watching the politics of what is going on behind the scenes with legislation that greatly effects my child's medical coverage , as well as her rights in the school setting , and Autism Speaks has always been a great resource to help keep people informed .
I will have to keep that in mind, my best friends older son is a high functioning asperger child and I might have a little extra coin after my next turnaround starts.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Teching In

All PMs returned

Quick Reply: LS lovers football pot