On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yates is trash
Old 12-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DSIM
Is anyone 12-1?
No, Texans and the Falcons have the best records in the league.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Really? Learn to count!
confused.........
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jeremyfrank14
My god....SOME Texan fans are just like us Cowboy fans. They get their heads kicked in, and everybody is calling for the head coach and quarterbacks heads. Wow, take a step back and look at what those two have done. They have transformed that franchise, I personally think Kubiak is a good play caller and very creative. Their game plan went out the window when Brady started nailing points on the board. I would be worried about the defense if anything at this point....
I've been saying years, the Texans will NEVER make it to a Superbowl with Schaub at the helm.

I know must of you Texans Fans don't want to hear this but,
FACT: Schaub is NOT a Superbowl caliber QB.

Brees, Brady, The Manning brothers, Rothelisberger, Rogers, etc, they can all scramble, keep their eyes down the field and extend plays. The only thing Schaub is good at is staying in the pocket. He is a text-book Pocket QB with molasses on his feet.

Last edited by 427LS7HCI; 12-12-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^I don't think he is a great QB, he is however better than average and fairly consistent...The Texans can win an SB with him. There have been Superbowls won by 'average QBs', Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson come to mind immediately. I more worried about the injuries on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
LOL the Texans can't compete with a true contender unless they're at home. Don't say the bears because y'all barely won that and they aren't that good anyways. And yes I know the cowboys suck...
I guess that's why we kicked Denver's *** in Denver.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jeremyfrank14
My god....SOME Texan fans are just like us Cowboy fans. They get their heads kicked in, and everybody is calling for the head coach and quarterbacks heads. Wow, take a step back and look at what those two have done. They have transformed that franchise, I personally think Kubiak is a good play caller and very creative. Their game plan went out the window when Brady started nailing points on the board. I would be worried about the defense if anything at this point....
I have been questioning and calling out Kubiak since his first season with the Texans. The guy has a good offensive mind set, but he's not good with situational play calling and coaching.
i.e. 3rd and 8...throw 5. 3rd and 10+...draw play...3rd and long...doesn't even attempt to get a first down.

Get a 2+ score lead by halftime? Run left, run right, pass short, punt for the entire second half in a feeble attempt to "protect the lead".

The guy has 100 ******* plays on that stupid *** Denny's Menu he totes around, but he ran about 6 plays total in Monday night's game.

I just don't care for his approach to the game.

Last edited by -Ross-; 12-12-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 427LS7HCI
I've been saying years, the Texans will NEVER make it to a Superbowl with Schaub at the helm.

I know must of you Texans Fans don't want to hear this but,
FACT: Schaub is NOT a Superbowl caliber QB.

Brees, Brady, The Manning brothers, Rothelisberger, Rogers, etc, they can all scramble, keep their eyes down the field and extend plays. The only thing Schaub is good at is staying in the pocket. He is a text-book Pocket QB with molasses on his feet.
It's funny you mention Brady and Peyton Manning and then say Schaub is a text book pocket QB who's not a great scrambler. That describes Brady and Manning perfectly, yet they have won the big game. Schaub is no Brady or Manning, but he's not terrible.

Romo is an above average passer and is great at scrambling. How many Super Bowls has he played in?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -Ross-
It's funny you mention Brady and Peyton Manning and then say Schaub is a text book pocket QB who's not a great scrambler. That describes Brady and Manning perfectly, yet they have won the big game. Schaub is no Brady or Manning, but he's not terrible.

Romo is an above average passer and is great at scrambling. How many Super Bowls has he played in?
Both Brady and Manning can scramble if the pocket is collapsing, they can shake tackles and extend plays and they are not afraid to get hit.

If the pocket collapses on Schaub he folds up and falls on the ground instead of shaking a tackle and extending a play or running for a few yards. You can blitz Schaub all day and he will fold.

Last edited by 427LS7HCI; 12-12-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Launching!

None, but he has been to the playoff 3 times as Schaub has only been there once.

Last edited by 427LS7HCI; 12-12-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Both Brady and Manning can scramble if the pocket is collapsing, they can shake tackles and extend plays and they are not afraid to get hit.
Do you even watch football?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Launching!

I watch more football than you know, even played at the College level and I know that Schaub doesn't have what it takes to get them to A Superbowl.

Also Schab has rushed for 329yrds in his 8yr Career, Peyton Manning rushed for 700+ yrds in first 8yrs and Brady has rushed for 570+ in his first 8yrs....

Do you even watch Football???

Face the facts, Schaub is scared to get hit or block.......
http://www.sportsgrid.com/uncategori...raid-to-block/

"Houston quarterback Matt Schaub has embraced this movement wholeheartedly, avoiding contact whenever possible. Now the man did lose a chunk of his ear earlier this season, so there’s that. Still, sometimes quarterbacks are called upon to throw a block or two, especially on reverses or backside cuts by running backs. But Schaub, it turns out, has ***** of whatever the opposite of steel is. On today’s episode of ESPN’s Mike and Mike’s Best of the NFL (who knew this show existed, by the way), Golic and Greenberg documented two such instances in the past few weeks when Schaub chose not to block, one time freezing in fear and the other time running IN TERROR."

Last edited by 427LS7HCI; 12-12-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

I watch more football than you know, even played at the College level and I know that Schaub doesn't have what it takes to get them to A Superbowl.

Also Schab has rushed for 329yrds in his 8yr Career, Peyton Manning rushed for 700+ yrds in first 8yrs and Brady has rushed for 570+ in his first 8yrs....

^^^Where, college for blind? Please remind us how that makes you an expert??? If you haven't played at the pro level, then your opinion means about as much as the rest of ours...squat

yeah we know he ain't elite...talk about beating a dead ******* horse
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have learned to not even bother arguing with some sports fans. I would recommend ignoring 427. Dude does not have a clue.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Juicy J
I have learned to not even bother arguing with some sports fans. I would recommend ignoring 427. Dude does not have a clue.
What tickles me is that you guys think the Texans will make it to the Superbowl this year with Matt Schaub.... ROTFLMFAO!!

It's always good to talk football, but my predictions for the Superbowl this year from the NFC is the Giants or 49ers and AFC will be Steelers/Pats or Denver. I would like to see the 49ers and Steelers though!

I'll be sure to mark this thread for when the Texans get knocked out the 2nd round and then I can say, I told you so.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Do you even watch Football???

Face the facts, Schaub is scared to get hit or block.......
http://www.sportsgrid.com/uncategori...raid-to-block/

"Houston quarterback Matt Schaub has embraced this movement wholeheartedly, avoiding contact whenever possible. Now the man did lose a chunk of his ear earlier this season, so there’s that. Still, sometimes quarterbacks are called upon to throw a block or two, especially on reverses or backside cuts by running backs. But Schaub, it turns out, has ***** of whatever the opposite of steel is. On today’s episode of ESPN’s Mike and Mike’s Best of the NFL (who knew this show existed, by the way), Golic and Greenberg documented two such instances in the past few weeks when Schaub chose not to block, one time freezing in fear and the other time running IN TERROR."
God, you'd think you'd have a little bit more of a clue having "played at the college level".

Schaub hasn't even been a starter for 6 full season. Three of those seasons, he missed 5+ games, so of course he's going to have a lower rushing yards number than an 8 year starter. Since when in the hell do rushing yards for a QB outside of HS and college football have jack **** to do with their team's sucess? David Carr has over 1,300 career rushing yards, bro.

I can almost guarantee Schaub (and most other QBs for that matter) are instructed to "get the **** out of the way" when it comes to blocking...unless it's your last play with time running out in the Super Bowl.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
^^^Where, college for blind? Please remind us how that makes you an expert??? If you haven't played at the pro level, then your opinion means about as much as the rest of ours...squat

yeah we know he ain't elite...talk about beating a dead ******* horse
Remind me, when did I say I was an Expert?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Launching!

God, you'd think you'd have a little bit more of a clue having "played at the college level".

Schaub hasn't even been a starter for 6 full season. Three of those seasons, he missed 5+ games, so of course he's going to have a lower rushing yards number than an 8 year starter. Since when in the hell do rushing yards for a QB outside of HS and college football have jack **** to do with their team's sucess?

I can almost guarantee Schaub (and most other QBs for that matter) are instructed to "get the **** out of the way" when it comes to blocking...unless it's your last play with time running out in the Super Bowl.
I believe you completely misunderstood my post. We were speaking in terms of scrambling and you mentioned that Brady and Manning doesn't scramble.

It's apparent that you are a DIE HARD Schaub fan and like Kubiak, you see something in him that I don't. Respectable.

Opinions are opinions and nothing you say will sway my opinion as it stands, Schaub is not capable of getting the Texans to A Superbowl. PERIOD.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

I believe you completely misunderstood my post. We were speaking in terms of scrambling and you mentioned that Brady and Manning doesn't scramble.

It's apparent that you are a DIE HARD Schaub fan and like Kubiak, you see something in him that I don't. Respectable.

Opinions are opinions and nothing you say will sway my opinion as it stands, Schaub is not capable of getting the Texans to A Superbowl. PERIOD.
I am not a die hard Schaub fan. He actually pisses me off at times and I do wish he was more mobile. With that said, I think he's good enough to get the job done and I think this team could make a run to the Super Bowl.

I stand by my statement that Brady and Manning are not mobile QBs. They are pocket passers and damn good ones.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Remind me, when did I say I was an Expert?
you implied it when you stated you played at the college level and knows what it takes...

Quick Reply: Texans....overrated?????