Terminator owners come in

Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terminator owners come in

So I still have my c5Z but I am in desperate need of a fun daily driver and my current beater is beyond boring so I started seriously looking at 03-04 cobras and was hoping that my beloved cls1tech members would give me some unbiased advice.

Here is my dilemma I want to buy a reliable daily driver but I already have another toy so I would like to buy this one already somewhat modded maybe with a twin screw.
SO what would you guys recommend? Buy one with minimal to no mods or one with an aftermarket twin screw? keep in mind I do want the extra power?
How do the cars fair as far as daily drivers? What things should I look for when buying the car? how are they on maintenance? or any other buying advice that you guys may have.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

stock low miles , best bet i think
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Soroushz06
So I still have my c5Z but I am in desperate need of a fun daily driver and my current beater is beyond boring so I started seriously looking at 03-04 cobras and was hoping that my beloved cls1tech members would give me some unbiased advice.

Here is my dilemma I want to buy a reliable daily driver but I already have another toy so I would like to buy this one already somewhat modded maybe with a twin screw.
SO what would you guys recommend? Buy one with minimal to no mods or one with an aftermarket twin screw? keep in mind I do want the extra power?
How do the cars fair as far as daily drivers? What things should I look for when buying the car? how are they on maintenance? or any other buying advice that you guys may have.

Thanks in advance.
I have owned 2 Terminators and here is my opionion.

1. The shifters in the car is to far away from the driver (Very Annoying for daily driving)
2. They make tons of power with limited mods
3. I would buy one with minimal mods as the motors are not the strongest. The weakest link is the pistons they put in the cars.
4. I would look for any blower noise, FRPS engine lights, Idleing problems.
5. Maintenance is very easy. Just a normal car with normal maintenance is required.
6. They look badass and will always have a place in my heart for them, just a few minor things I cant stand about them.
6. In my opinion I would look elsewhere but its all in what you want.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by daniel044
I have owned 2 Terminators and here is my opionion.

1. The shifters in the car is to far away from the driver (Very Annoying for daily driving)
2. They make tons of power with limited mods
3. I would buy one with minimal mods as the motors are not the strongest. The weakest link is the pistons they put in the cars.
4. I would look for any blower noise, FRPS engine lights, Idleing problems.
5. Maintenance is very easy. Just a normal car with normal maintenance is required.
6. They look badass and will always have a place in my heart for them, just a few minor things I cant stand about them.
6. In my opinion I would look elsewhere but its all in what you want.

Pretty spot on, seating position and shifter position are not ideal, other than that I loved mine. I bought one new and had it for 5 years, full bolt-on, pullied and ported steggy blower, made just shy of 500 RWHP. A bad tune will kill these cars as it would any boosted car. The piston does have a tight clearance with cylinder wall that can be an issue if you are making back to back high speed runs, have detonation/bad tune etc...

If you want one, definitely look for lower miles, but I would not be so worried about mods, so long as they are done correctly.

EDIT:Should you buy one that does not already have an aftermarket heat exchanger for the blower, get a good HE and do this cooling mod from LDC, improves coolant flow from driver cylinder head to passenger...

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 02-07-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

I have a 04 Cobra I am selling.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Teching In

^^^ how much ??? thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

I've owned 2 of them and both made over 600hp.Like others have stated its all about the tune.The shifter situation can be fixed with a MGW shifter and the seats are awesome.Ive owned 2 Terminator swapped cars and loved every bit of them.The bang for buck is simply amazing and will do it again if I ever get the itch again.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:03 PM
9 Second Club

There awesome cars. Im selling mine very soon Looking at other cars so the mustang has got to go.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

hmm what are these going for give or take 30-90K miles and stone stock.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would definetly not wanna daily drive one but thats just me. If im spending that coin id rather have a really nice interior and a little less speed.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Teching In

I did do a little research on SVTperformance so i did get some hints about the whole weak piston and no 5th-6th gear pull.

Lots of great info in this thread for sure, keep them coming still need to decide I really do like the sound, effeciency, and power of the aftermarket twin screws, just wondering how reliable they are.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Robert@G-Force
Pm me i think I know which one
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert@G-Force
About time you sell that crap.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
About time you sell that crap.
Yeah I'm gonna use the money to buy 2 98 F Bodies
Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll see you tuesday
Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Soroushz06
I did do a little research on SVTperformance so i did get some hints about the whole weak piston and no 5th-6th gear pull.

Lots of great info in this thread for sure, keep them coming still need to decide I really do like the sound, effeciency, and power of the aftermarket twin screws, just wondering how reliable they are.
That is a great place to go for tech on the terminators etc...I still post over there, usually in smackdown though.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Teching In

yea i've learned a lot from svtperformance but it's not easy finding the right cobra either. But good thing is parts are cheap on mustangs big time especially when i compare them to corvette parts LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Terminator owners come in