What would you do first?

Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face What would you do first?

Ok, it's been awhile since i've posted. I've been away and life has just kept me busy and away from cars. I now have a 2013 Tundra crewmax that I love and that is my current interest. I still have the 2002 z28 camaro and I need yalls advice. I do NOT plan on selling the camaro (right now she's in the garage and covered up).

My question is, now I'm where I can start putting money towards my vehicles (but one at a time first of course). The truck is brand new but I'm already wanting to put a grill guard with some fogs on it and then maybe a different set of head lights and a tool box out back.

The camaro, well, she needs some work. The turn signals don't work because the water seal never held and water got into the sockets and damaged the bulbs and sockets. So i need new tailights and front turn signals. The front headlights are starting to get hazy as well. I have the SS hood and SS spoiler on her and she's painting and looks good from far away but as with most fab jobs once you get up close you can see that the lines don't line up just like they should. The interior looks great and is almost flawless (the only thing is the little buttons on the motorized driver seat that have fallen off). She has a CAI ram air intake and she's got LTs with ORY and a Borla catback exhaust. I want to put a heads and cam package. This car won't be driven all the time because she's not my DD but I just don't know where to start. Should I start saving for an expensive heads and cam job and then bring her back home and park her for awhile or should I worry about the small cosmetic stuff like headlights and tail lights. should i worry about the fab of the hood and spoiler fitting better. or should i start getting some suspension parts to prepare for extra power. I haven't even thought about a new rear end to hold that power. My goal is to be at about 400+ to the wheels..I'd really like 425-440rwhp

What do yall think. I would like to start working on a project towards the end of this year maybe early fall adding parts to put on. I don't have time to install the parts myself but I could start collecting and then take it to a shop. or should i just take it to a shop and get a quote of what they can offer me.

Opinions, ideas?! Help a guy out!

thanks in advance guys!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spray it and post up your ETs.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Launching!

NOS won't be an option on this car. all motor or maybe turbo/supercharger..but not really leaning towards that either
Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd mod the car. Drive a little new off your brand new truck before you start to mess with it. Jmo
Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My camaro was the same way when I got it.

Loosen the fender bolts, you shouldn't need to take them off and re adjust their alignment on the car. It will literally take you ten minutes.

The headlights will take a bit longer. Grind the nipples off of them and sand them for about 10 minutes with 150 grit sand paper, then with 600 grit then with 2000 grit and shoot a few layers of rattle can clear coat on them. You should sand with 150 grit till you can tell there is no yellow anymore just scuffed up clear.

The bulb sockets can be cleaned with tooth pics, qtips and some elbow grease. If they are corroded worse than that you can use a small file to clean up the connection points

It sounds like a days worth of work, but glancing at your topic you are asking how to spend extra money. Take a weekend to work on the car a bit on your own and then buy some stuff for the truck.

So buy stuff for the truck now, then save for a set of tsp stg 2.5 heads and a 228 cam. Head and cam should cost you $2k and then another $1200 for install. You should also get a new oil pump

Last edited by chrysler kid; 02-11-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can also buy new sockets if needed...
Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Launching!

thanks for the advice guys!

decision: within the month i'm gonna buy a grill guard with some fogs for the truck and then save up for a head and cam swap for fall/winter install. best of both worlds!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would you do first?