Best paint/body in Austin

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Best paint/body in Austin

Some dirtbag backed into my beloved WS6 while it was parked and didn't leave a note. Insurance should be handling it. Price is no option, who can take my scratched/cracked front bumper and make it look new again? Located in downtown Austin, willing to go anywhere in the Austin/Round Rock area.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have you looked at rodney austin of austin custom and collision?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another hit and run in Austin go figure.......sorry to hear that.....try continental collision off of Lamar and 183. They are Mercedes certified
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Sterling customs and collision in dripping springs does great work. Take my stuff from all the way in San Antonio to them

Originally Posted by 370ci_NBM_SS
Another hit and run in Austin go figure.......sorry to hear that.....try continental collision off of Lamar and 183. They are Mercedes certified
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just a bumper? Pretty common to find a good shop to do that, but the Caliber Collisions down there always have insane quality numbers from the CSI surveys.. The biggest thing if you plan on keeping it: take it where there is a Lifetime warranty. The insurance company decides the price; they owe fair value to preloss. Only thing I would do is make sure you get an OEM bumper, not recon or aftermarket.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Teching In

I work at BMW Austin. Berle's does all our stuff. I replaced a least a few bumpers and random covers here and there. The paint always looks top notch. Can't tel you about physical work as I've never had them do a car for me.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RedC5Z
I work at BMW Austin. Berle's does all our stuff. I replaced a least a few bumpers and random covers here and there. The paint always looks top notch. Can't tel you about physical work as I've never had them do a car for me.
First off, sorry about the hit and run. Happens often in Austin it seems.

I also recommend Berli's in Pflugerville. Ask around, and many think they are the best in central Texas, hands down. I know because like you, I had a loser damage my car - he tried to break into my 2000 SS in November of last year putting almost $4,000 damages all around the car. He damaged both doors, window, T-top, hatch, and rear bumper all with a crow bar. Never got into the car - what an idiot. APD caught the guy. He is a 19-year old hispanic guy - I have his name. I sent my damage claims to APD after Berli's did the body and paint work. A grand jury is currently reviewing felony charges against him. I am following his case closely and will be there for every aspect of his charge, trial, and sentencing. I hope to get to confront him through the Austin Victim Counselor program.

Good luck on the repairs. BTW, I recommend Berli's if that wasn't clear after my rant.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Update, I caught the individual who hit me, and have awesome security camera video of them actually hitting me. It's in the police's hands now, and it will all get settled through the other person's insurance. I took it to Berli's to have them take a look, and they seem like they will get it done right. Some people are unbelievable, the person slammed into my car so hard that it moved it a half foot (with the parking brake on and the car in gear), and they didn't even get out and take a look, they just quickly sped off. For this reason, I don't feel bad about pressing charges.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cascadesys
Update, I caught the individual who hit me, and have awesome security camera video of them actually hitting me. It's in the police's hands now, and it will all get settled through the other person's insurance. I took it to Berli's to have them take a look, and they seem like they will get it done right. Some people are unbelievable, the person slammed into my car so hard that it moved it a half foot (with the parking brake on and the car in gear), and they didn't even get out and take a look, they just quickly sped off. For this reason, I don't feel bad about pressing charges.
Oh Hell No, press charges. Screw this wacked out POS that doesn't have the decency to be responsible. Depending on the dollar value of your damages, this person could be facing a felony charge. That is what the person that tried to break into my car is facing-felony criminal mischief greater than $1,500 and less than $20,000. I have no respect for someone like the person that tried to break into my car and will go out of my way to see that he gets every punishment he deserves. Glad you caught the bastard!!

Quick Reply: Best paint/body in Austin