Torque Converter switch (relay)?

Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque Converter switch (relay)?

so my converter hasn't been locking up lately ( from 65 on up) I took it to my family mechanic and what he told me is that i need a Torque Converter switch.
My question for yall is:
A. Is that what i need in order to get my converter to lock again. ( it will stay locked at low speeds then slip at the higher speeds)
B. If so where do i find the switch. Iv searched tech but most of the stickies have lost the images that go along with the thread. Any chance somebody can hook me up with the diagram?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have an aftermarket converter in the car? My dad's T/A has a 3200 and it was acting very weird. We had to raise the missfire tolerances in the tune and it fixed the locking issue.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slvr T/A
Do you have an aftermarket converter in the car? My dad's T/A has a 3200 and it was acting very weird. We had to raise the missfire tolerances in the tune and it fixed the locking issue.
Its the stock converter that has been in there since the factory. The car has over 107k on it now so it all well could be the converter on its way out. I just wanted more opinions on whether it was actually that relay or something else somebody knows about.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a solenoid on the valve body inside the transmission pan, mine used to do the same. Replaced solenoid and it worked fine again!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Torque Converter switch (relay)?