78 LSX C10 help needed

Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 78 LSX C10 help needed

I posted this in the drag tech first but there was no response....

In the first of March, I went to the track with my 1978 with the LQ4/4L80E, and my assumptions were correct. I needed trac-bars BAD. The rear end rapped pretty bad and it wheel hopped from a hard dig. There was visible damage to the u-joint strap bolts, because the bolt heads made contact with the drive shaft at some point. When the truck was lowered they used aftermarket hangers and removed leafs and a wedge to rotate the rear for pinion angle (non-flip kit). So the leafs are pretty weak.

I rolled it off the line with the drag radials (325/50/15) at 14 lbs and the truck went best of: 12.87 @ 105 with a 2.00 sixty foot. I played with the truck off the line and went 12.99 @ 105 and 12.90 @ 103
If I can get the sixty foot down I was thinking the truck would run 12.50's.

This past Friday I finished my trac-bars and got them on the truck. Then Saturday a group of buddies and I went to Pinevalley raceway in Diboll tx, to hit the track.
Well, the trac-bar worked well but did not drop the 60-ft at all. The truck ran 13.0 @ 103 numerous times and acouple of 13.1's. I tried leaving on the 3000 stall and even shocking the truck off the line to improve the times... Nothing was working. I even let a buddy pilot the truck acouple times to watch the truck leave. With the preload on the trac-bars the truck would wrinkle the drag radials (12 psi air pressure) no spin AT ALL.
I've talked to some freinds about the performance of the truck and everyone seems to think the truck is hooking up so well that it is bogging the motor off the line and killing my et. I think when the truck was spinning alittle the truck would get the rpms up, and stay in the power curve. Hell the truck was running 105 trap speed.
So the plan is milled L92's, L92 intake, a new comp cam 224/236 .581/ .601, and 92mm Nick williams throttle body and tunning. I've already got the said parts, I was planning on using them on my 94 ecswb with the Lq9.
Attached Thumbnails 78 LSX C10 help needed-img_2893.jpg   78 LSX C10 help needed-img_3172.jpg   78 LSX C10 help needed-img_4670.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 78 LSX C10 help needed